how can avoid that chdk change colors, when the func/set menu Canon menu is sh - page 2 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

how can avoid that chdk change colors, when the func/set menu Canon menu is sh

• 14 Replies

Offline reyalp

Advertisements
Seem nobody know how can set a color in a palette entry.if this can work help a lot on the problem i think.
I think ewavr found some functions related to this, but if you change the palette, then the canon OSD will be affected too.

I suggest just picking colors that make the display legible and not worrying about the exact colors.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

I think ewavr found some functions related to this

I think that is in his PTP 'webcam' code and forum discussions.

I suggest just picking colors that make the display legible and not worrying about the exact colors.

The issues is not so much the exact colors as the fact that they change between shooting and review/play mode.   Looking at "ALT -> Miscellaneous stuff -> Draw palette" in both modes indicates that the first three rows colors don't change between modes so finding a legible choice of colors based only on those rows seems a reasonable compromise.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

@waterwingz
>Draw palette" in both modes indicates that the first three rows colors don't change between modes so >finding a legible choice of colors based only on those rows seems a reasonable compromise.

On IX1000 Camera only first 2 rows - color 0x1f are always same.
the 3.rd row get when Canon Menu show lots of orange red color tint entries.they are gone, when canon Menu is close.

because of this palette 5 do not work good, because bg color is set in this palette to 0x22

I write a message to ewavr, and point to this thread, maybe he can tell more.

use of palette 7 values is good enough for me on IX1000(i need no 3 color show in histogramm), but if there is a way, to set colors perfectly is also welcome.
« Last Edit: 31 / December / 2010, 05:07:27 by Bernd R »
Ixus 1000 HS

Offline reyalp

I write a message to ewavr, and point to this thread, maybe he can tell more.

use of palette 7 values is good enough for me on IX1000(i need no 3 color show in histogramm), but if there is a way, to set colors perfectly is also welcome.
As I said before, changing the camera palette is probably not a good option. Get your port functional, worry about the cosmetic stuff later.
Don't forget what the H stands for.