New Powershot D30 - page 7 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

New Powershot D30

• 72 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: New Powershot D30
« Reply #60 on: 14 / March / 2015, 11:08:27 »
Advertisements
I couldn't get the LiveView in chdkptp to work while browsing files worked. Is that the kind of problem you mean?
Can you be more specific? What happens when you tick "Viewfinder" and/or "UI overlay" on the "Live" tab?

« Reply #61 on: 14 / March / 2015, 11:28:13 »
Uhm...  :o
What I actually meant was that I did not get any picture in the Live tab even though file browsing worked ok. That was a few hours ago.

Now that I try it again to give you a more detailed description I get the default Canon startup image (even though the camera display show me the last picture taken) and both overlays(Canon and CHDK) as they appear on the display. I can't switch to rec mode though and the console plays dumb when I enter lua commands.

But I guess those are entirely different problems that don't have to do with anything you meant.
Canon Powershot D30 w/ CHDK 1.3.0

Offline reyalp

« Reply #62 on: 14 / March / 2015, 14:18:07 »
I can't switch to rec mode though and the console plays dumb when I enter lua commands.
So the "rec" button in the gui just doesn't do anything? Is there any error in the console
But I guess those are entirely different problems that don't have to do with anything you meant.
We would need to get rec mode to work first, then if there's some problem with the viewport set up it might give us clue about what is wrong with MD.

What OS are you using chdkptp on?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #63 on: 14 / March / 2015, 14:26:48 »
Oh boy...  :-[
I was trying to change the mode by pressing physical buttons and press("shoot_half") and didn't even see the "rec" button.

The "rec" button works and I can see the live image in chdkptp on Windows 7.

Sorry.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #64 on: 14 / March / 2015, 14:58:08 »
The "rec" button works and I can see the live image in chdkptp on Windows 7.
No problem, it's not really obvious that the camera buttons stop working.

Next question is, does the live view look OK. Can you see the same area that show on the physical screen? Do you see "snow" or any other sort of artifacts?

If you press the "quick dump" button in the debug tab and upload the results, I can take a log.

« Reply #65 on: 14 / March / 2015, 17:51:23 »
I can't find anything wrong with the live view except for some distortions directly after calling "luar shoot()" which disappear almost instantly. (see attachment)

Are we talking about different programs? I don't see a debug tab(see attachment).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #66 on: 14 / March / 2015, 19:26:01 »
Are we talking about different programs? I don't see a debug tab(see attachment).
Small tab next to statistics.

Seeing garbage when you shoot is normal, and shouldn't affect MD. The memory range used for the viewport buffer gets re-used for other things.

« Reply #67 on: 14 / March / 2015, 20:00:24 »
Here's a quickdump from rec mode:
https://depot.tu-dortmund.de/bqn5m
(File will be gone in 7 days.)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #68 on: 14 / March / 2015, 21:54:56 »
Here's a quickdump from rec mode:
Thanks. I agree it seems to be working fine. There is a fair amount of moving noise which would presumably trigger MD at some level, but it doesn't seem too different from what I see on my cams in low light.

I'm not sure what could be causing your MD triggering. MD uses the essentially the same buffers and YUV decoding as live view and zebra. The MD code itself is generic, so if there were a problem with the comparison it should affect other cameras.
« Last Edit: 14 / March / 2015, 22:08:20 by reyalp »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #69 on: 14 / March / 2015, 22:27:55 »
I should have paid closer attention the the first thread. I assumed you were seeing spurious triggering, but now I realize this isn't the case.

You script uses md_get_cell_val, not md_get_cell_diff so this doesn't represent spurious motion detection. It represents the average value of the cell.