PAID Request: Add remote manual focus control for G7 & or G9 - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum  

PAID Request: Add remote manual focus control for G7 & or G9

• 1 Replies
PAID Request: Add remote manual focus control for G7 & or G9
« on: 07 / February / 2008, 17:02:11 »
Advertisements
I work for a little company that is looking to use the G7 & or G9 in our high-speed photography systems.

We need a camera that can sync at high shutter speeds with flash, which means electronic shutter. Electronic shutter is also preferable because they don't break after 100k shots.

We go the SDK from Canon only to discover there was no remote manual control of the focus. A call to Canons engineers confirmed that they do not have this function available and are unwilling or unable to assist us.

We are willing to pay a modest & fair sum to anybody who can assist us in overcoming this 1 shortcoming on these cameras (or either 1).

Please reply here or contact me if you believe you're able to help.

Thank you,
Ryan
Jackson Digital Imaging Corp.
1-928-757-8837 x28
ryan@jacksondigital.com
« Last Edit: 07 / February / 2008, 17:18:59 by RyanJDI »

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: PAID Request: Add remote manual focus control for G7 & or G9
« Reply #1 on: 07 / February / 2008, 18:32:22 »
I'm not sure, but this may already be possible for the G7 to some extent. Afaik, there's at least a test build by Fingalo with USB remote for G7, and it has been shown that a script can detect the length of remote presses and perform different commands for different lengths. If I'm not mistaken, focus can be altered in a script.