the collaborative CHDK build - page 23 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

the collaborative CHDK build

• 249 Replies
Re: the collaborative CHDK build
« Reply #220 on: 23 / September / 2008, 21:40:29 »
Advertisements
No luck. (Everything worked correctly.)

-All I see is "Use Zoom for Manual Focus" in the Misc menu.
What else am I supposed to do, if anything?
I tried setting focus lock, etc. I even tried Distance Override.
I feel like I may be missing something instruction wise.

Thank you for your help!
Whoa-Hey! Careful where you point that thing. You're gonna shoot someone!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DoF_Stacking

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #221 on: 24 / September / 2008, 01:57:35 »
dont feel like quoting your impressive post or replying to all of it, just these few remarks:

yes, i am not THE developer of this build. but i certainly am ONE of THE developers of this build. but what does that have to do with anything? if you PM personal feature requests to a dev (which is quiete uncommon in opensource projects by the way!) you cannot expect obedience (as in i will grant your wishes right here and now), can you. however i DID answer you, didnt i? and you chose NOT to answer me back and instead post your request here, saying i wasnt paying any attention to your request, which is just not true!
and now it turns out that you cannot even properly test the manual focus in sdm - then how are we supposed to implement that into CHDK without being able to test it? come on now, seriously, this is NOT the way things work. but do continue to smite me (not literally speaking), you won't bring me down.

and for your information, my job as a moderator does not have ANYTHING to do with my job as a developer. and when i post my opinion about something it is mostly from my user/dev state of mind.

also i wanna add that i have respect for microfunguy and his sdm build, as he too is a great contributor to this community, however i have some difficulties regarding some other things, but these will eventually be worked out (besides they dont belong into this thread) etc.

« Reply #222 on: 24 / September / 2008, 04:50:02 »
SDM for the tx1 wont even compile, as the folder in loader/ is called TX1 instead of tx1

Never noticed that, I will change it.

Is it developed on a windows system

Yes, using the environment provided by GrAnd.

Forgot about the MEMISOSIZE.

Currently 0x40000   ... hope  to reduce in next release.

Psychokitty:
I feel like I may be missing something instruction wise.

Read 'Focused-distance Override' near bottom of this page SDM Capture

and comment "TX1 users should ensure that Focus Lock is set BEFORE entering an override value ! "
« Last Edit: 24 / September / 2008, 04:53:56 by Microfunguy »

« Reply #223 on: 24 / September / 2008, 07:14:35 »
Phox, I have made my request public before. I have also made a few private requests of Jucifer several months ago, and he got to them when he got to them, but he did always get to them. Generally speaking, I don't see this thread as appropriate for making such requests (...then again, it's not really appropriate for airing out this junk, either), hence why I've made my requests elsewhere on the forum. I never suggested that you, or any other developer was or is ever to be obligated to "obedience" to an end user.
For all that is on your list to achieve, I thought my request was probably pretty simple, and I was only hoping to get it moved up, as it's one of the most elementary components of a manually operated camera. I also saw the timing to possibly work in my favor because at the time you all were trying to extrapolate data from David's build, as difficult as that seemed to have been. For these reasons, I went to you.
I may not have tested it correctly in SDM last evening, but that does not have anything to do with the fact that you have not even looked into adding it since I made my request. I will certainly be happy to test anything to the best of my ability, and then other things as well in an effort to give back to everyone.

Regarding posting your personal opinions; Though I agree with many of them, the fact that you are the moderator here does make you beholden to a higher standard of conduct, and unfortunately for you makes posting some of those opinions rather inappropriate. You can state everything that you need to state without personal attacks, and you most certainly should.

...And I haven't smited anyone over this. It's petty.
(You wouldn't stoop to such pettiness, would ya, Phox?)

David, I had not set the range first. I'll try again tonight and set it to close up.
Half shutter + Right button was something I didn't know (get rid of the OSD).

Thanks, guys.

Whoa-Hey! Careful where you point that thing. You're gonna shoot someone!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DoF_Stacking

Offline reyalp

« Reply #224 on: 25 / September / 2008, 00:21:12 »
525:
* lua print: truncate messages longer than 127, don't use tostring for numbers, use spaces instead of tabs between values
* make script console a circular buffer.

edit
526:
* added entry points and enabled lua lib stuff for a450 100d and tx1-100g. Thanks ewavr for the dumps.
« Last Edit: 26 / September / 2008, 00:35:38 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #225 on: 08 / October / 2008, 03:08:30 »
funny this wasnt reported before. should be fixed now :) (wait about half an hour until the autobuild server updates)

Not sure what the problem is (still on 4.1.2)
Did I miss something on the linux compile guide?

>> Entering to core
gui.c -> gui.o
In file included from gui.c:32:
curves.h:15: error: array type has incomplete element type
make[1]: *** [gui.o] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

hm, everything compiles fine in linux AND windows shell. or does allbest compile on your system?

I have been using gcc 4.3.1 for quite some time to build Allbest:

Code: [Select]
scott@barkley ~/chdk/trunk $ arm-elf-gcc -v     
Using built-in specs.
Target: arm-elf
Configured with: ../configure --srcdir=.. --target=arm-elf --enable-multilib --enable-languages=c --enable-clocale=gnu --with-cpu=arm9 --with-newlib --prefix=/home/scott/chdk/arm-elf : (reconfigured) ../configure --srcdir=.. --target=arm-elf --enable-multilib --enable-languages=c --enable-clocale=gnu --with-cpu=arm9 -without-libssp --with-newlib --prefix=/home/scott/chdk/arm-elf : (reconfigured) ../configure --srcdir=.. --target=arm-elf --enable-multilib --enable-languages=c --enable-clocale=gnu --with-cpu=arm9 --disable-libssp --with-newlib --prefix=/home/scott/chdk/arm-elf
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.3.1 (GCC)

The extern declaration in "curves.h" is illegal C code that is nonsensical. Furthermore, it's not used by anything except "curves.c" (and it's only used there because of the misguided location of the drcurve_load() function). If you would move drcurve_load() down below the local declaration of drcurve0 (on line 293), then you could remove the entry from "curves.h". After doing so, I can once again can build with gcc 4.3.1.

If it would be beneficial, I would be glad to provide the development support for gcc 4.x (but it's mostly hands-off as long as nobody starts using odd gcc 3.x extensions again..  :P). I think there is already a HowTo on building gcc 4.x from scratch to do this, so I wonder why the other developers are still "in the stone-age" with gcc 3.x :D.

-Scott

Offline reyalp

« Reply #226 on: 08 / October / 2008, 03:45:58 »
committed. As far as formally switching to gcc4, keep in mind that quite a few people use mingw based toolchains on windows.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #227 on: 08 / October / 2008, 15:39:39 »
committed. As far as formally switching to gcc4, keep in mind that quite a few people use mingw based toolchains on windows.

...although there's quite a bit more room for improvement in those tools than just upgrading to a more recent gcc, since the toolset (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Compiling_CHDK_under_Windows) our cuddly Windows folks are using is a binary package which doesn't work under Vista and (if I'm not mistaken, it's been a while since I looked at it) doesn't include source or instructions for building it under win32/mingw/cygwin, which probably breaches gcc's license a bit even though gcc sources are very easy to find and the patches (if any) are probably ones found in the CHDK source tree.

So, if someone's able or has already set up gcc 4.x on a win32 platform (including Vista...it's after all what computers tend to come bundled with these days), go ahead and tell people how.

« Reply #228 on: 08 / October / 2008, 20:38:25 »

...although there's quite a bit more room for improvement in those tools than just upgrading to a more recent gcc, since the toolset (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Compiling_CHDK_under_Windows) our cuddly Windows folks are using is a binary package which doesn't work under Vista and (if I'm not mistaken, it's been a while since I looked at it) doesn't include source or instructions for building it under win32/mingw/cygwin, which probably breaches gcc's license a bit even though gcc sources are very easy to find and the patches (if any) are probably ones found in the CHDK source tree.

So, if someone's able or has already set up gcc 4.x on a win32 platform (including Vista...it's after all what computers tend to come bundled with these days), go ahead and tell people how.

To that end, I've wrote a guide for Win32 to build a cross-compiling GCC via cygwin. It may be possible to do the same with MinGW, but I already had cygwin installed, so I went with that. A lot of the information from the Linux version can be mirrored into that guide if you work under cygwin.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/User:Geekmug/Compiling_CHDK_under_Windows

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #229 on: 09 / October / 2008, 07:10:41 »
@geekmug

Just tested your guide, excellent ! Worked without a hitch, one remark though: you might want to specify that the tar.bz2
versions of binutils & gcc should be downloaded,  'tar -xjf' fails on tar.gz archives.
Oh, and to support firzipsub/firzipsubcomplete functionality in Makefile, a zip package in the cygwin setup might come in handy  :D
(I cheated and copied an old zip.exe -- Info-Zip 2.32 -- into cygwin/bin)

I can now have a go at getting the CHDK GCC Compiler Shell to work on Vista with this; do you have any idea how much can
be stripped out of the cygwin package and have it still function ?
One gig seems a bit steep to download, even after compressing (~400 Mb)  :D 

wim

edit: spelling/clarification
« Last Edit: 09 / October / 2008, 07:51:49 by whim »