ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 33 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies

Offline tommi2water

• IXUS 220 HS Firmware: 1.00c
Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #320 on: 27 / November / 2011, 16:37:39 »
Advertisements
Hello Fux,

thanks for the feedback.  :)

The HDR script issue is known.

It seems it is connected to one instruction of the second command sequence:
Code: [Select]
print("2) bright")
  set_tv96_direct(t-192)
  print("2) set_tv96_direct(t-192) done")
  set_sv96(s)
  print("2) set_sv96(s) done")
  set_av96(p)
  print("2) set_av96(p) done")
  shoot()
  print("2) shoot done")

Maybe set_tv96_direct() or set_sv96() is responsible for crash.

You can easily add print commands to the HDR script to see, after which line the script stops.

Current workaround until we have been able to fix that issue: don't use that script  ;)

Thanks for testing!  :)

Offline tommi2water

« Reply #321 on: 27 / November / 2011, 16:40:10 »
Jstanley, have you been able to test shooting RAW images with the latest binary I uploaded? Because I changed some addresses also in the lib.c file for 1.01a after I got a hint from Phil.

btw: I just took a picture with 200 seconds exposure time and it looks very good. CHDK is awesome! :)

btw2: Did you have some progress/luck with your movie_rec.c file?
« Last Edit: 27 / November / 2011, 16:45:46 by tommi2water »

« Reply #322 on: 27 / November / 2011, 16:59:39 »
Jstanley, have you been able to test shooting RAW images with the latest binary I uploaded? Because I changed some addresses also in the lib.c file for 1.01a after I got a hint from Phil.

Do you ever sleep?  :o

I just took a couple of 32-second RAW images with the latest build.  Worked fine.

Offline tommi2water

« Reply #323 on: 27 / November / 2011, 17:05:46 »

Do you ever sleep?  :o

Yes, my next sleep sequence will start in a few minutes (here it is 11 PM) because I have to get up early in the morning for work. I think your time is 3 PM now? Then you should have enough time to get your movie_rec.c up and running. When I wake up tomorrow morning I will read your post that everything is fine. I'm sure! Good luck! :)

I just took a couple of 32-second RAW images with the latest build.  Worked fine.

Good to hear, then we have now the right values in our lib.c files. :)

« Reply #324 on: 27 / November / 2011, 17:29:22 »
waterwingz, some feature requests for chdk-pt:

• make it possible to select multiple rows in the disassembly:
    • show the number of bytes of machine code is selected (this will help write addresses.txt files)
    • allow copying the selected text to the clipboard (often easier than saving to a file, then finding the file)

or I suppose I could do these things myself, if I could figure out how to access the source (programming for Windows is my day job :))

« Reply #325 on: 27 / November / 2011, 17:53:46 »
    make it possible to select multiple rows in the disassembly:
    show the number of bytes of machine code is selected (this will help write addresses.txt files)[/li][/list]
    allow copying the selected text to the clipboard (often easier than saving to a file, then finding the file)[/li][/list]
    I played with this for a bit - its been about the only request I've received.   Unfortunately,  the gui part is "written" in autoit - and the scrolling list box is a huge hack I found after trolling lots of autoit forums.  From what I can tell,  there is no easy way to support  select, cut & paste. 

I did think about simply writing my own edit window - wouldn't be the first time across many languages and operating systems.  But its never risen to the top of my list.

or I suppose I could do these things myself, if I could figure out how to access the source (programming for Windows is my day job :))
    I think I made access to the svn on assembia.com available - there is a link in the forum thread : http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6367.  Let me know if it doesn't work ?
    Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #326 on: 27 / November / 2011, 18:01:25 »
    Just tested the lastest 1.01c RAW functionality.  Installed RawTherapee 3 alpha on my linux box to process raw images.  I was not able to process the .crw files, but switching to saving as .dng allowed RawTherapee to develop them.

Creating badpixels script ran without problems.

RAW capture to .dng worked perfectly.  First raw capture worked (so no initial buffer probs) and subsequent raw captures.

« Reply #327 on: 27 / November / 2011, 18:21:26 »
    Just tested the lastest 1.01c RAW functionality.  Installed RawTherapee 3 alpha on my linux box to process raw images.  I was not able to process the .crw files, but switching to saving as .dng allowed RawTherapee to develop them.
    Reposted :

link> CHDK Forum thread on RAW

Quote :

Fact 4 - if you want to use the CHDK RAW files in your standard RAW workflow tool it is likely that they cannot be opened (as a lot of commercial raw converters/editors do not support CHDK RAWs yet).

Other good stuff here :

link> CHDK Forum Board for RAW
    link> CHDK Wiki Page about RAW
    link> CHDK Wiki Page about Raw Software
    link> How do you fix lens distortion with CHDK RAW files?
    link> Decoding CHDK RAW images from a new cameras
    « Last Edit: 27 / November / 2011, 18:23:31 by waterwingz »

« Reply #328 on: 27 / November / 2011, 18:30:34 »
    I played with this for a bit - its been about the only request I've received.   Unfortunately,  the gui part is "written" in autoit - and the scrolling list box is a huge hack I found after trolling lots of autoit forums.  From what I can tell,  there is no easy way to support  select, cut & paste.

An alternative could be to just list the relative byte offset at the beginning of each line.  Currently I had to tweak the number of bytes to load up and down, and scroll back to the bottom and see if I got the correct size.  And I worry about slicing an instruction in half that way too.

« Reply #329 on: 27 / November / 2011, 18:32:27 »
    Just dump more than you need and cut it off in text file ?   

All ARM instructions are 32 bit - you can't cut one in half.