IXUS 200 IS (PS SD980IS) or IXUS 220 HS (PS ELPH 300HS) MANUAL FOCUS via CHDK - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

IXUS 200 IS (PS SD980IS) or IXUS 220 HS (PS ELPH 300HS) MANUAL FOCUS via CHDK

• 6 Replies
Advertisements
Hi,

I'm going to buy one of those cameras but it is crucial for me to have manual focus, so my question is: is it possibile to force the camera to set eg. 6 ft. focus manually using current CHDK for those cameras?

Cheers,
John

Another question can I also set on CHDK shutter-priority (Tv) exposure for 1/500 ?

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
is it possibile to force the camera to set eg. 6 ft. focus manually using current CHDK for those cameras?

Not exactly, but about 6 ft, depending on the lens and focal length.

can I also set on CHDK shutter-priority (Tv) exposure for 1/500 ?

Yes.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Thank you for your reply.
So you saying that any modern, simply, full automatic Canon camera (listed on the website as a compatable with CHDK) can be used as a full manual camera thanks to CHDK?

So you saying that any modern, simply, full automatic Canon camera (listed on the website as a compatable with CHDK) can be used as a full manual camera thanks to CHDK?
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline zeno

One key point is that CHDK cannot provide Av modes and facilities for cameras that lack the hardware aperture control and have an ND filter instead (e.g. most of the Ixus range)
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline reyalp

Thank you for your reply.
CHDK gives you pretty much full control of available settings. However, there are some things you should be aware of:
1) As zeno says, it can't make up for missing hardware.
2) Using CHDK to control the settings may be less convenient than the equivalent in the native firmware, and taking full advantage of it may require more technical knowledge.
3) CHDK is hack. Some ports don't properly support every feature. Some features may have non-intuitive restrictions or unexpected side effects. You should expect to experiment to verify the exact behavior on your camera. There is no definitive list of what works or not. Ports are developed and tested by end users who actually have those cameras. You are encouraged to read the wiki page and development thread for the particular camera you are interested in, but there is no guarantee that every issue will be mentioned.
Don't forget what the H stands for.