• PhyreWorX
Re: SD30/IXUS iZoom porting...
« Reply #10 on: 06 / December / 2008, 07:58:24 »
Advertisements
now in trunk: Changeset 621 - chdk - Trac
congratz.

« Reply #11 on: 06 / December / 2008, 21:24:39 »
ok, I found bug that makes distance overriding imposible (so DOF too)

the problem is when camera calls procedure MoveFocusLensToDistance - camera just turns off, I checked twice that MoveFocusLensToDistance address is correct and should be so I don't have any idea what is wrong

and I don't know what is fl_tbl and where find this table in firmware
« Last Edit: 06 / December / 2008, 21:48:03 by elektro255 »

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #12 on: 07 / December / 2008, 04:20:20 »
« Last Edit: 07 / December / 2008, 04:47:49 by whoever »

« Reply #13 on: 07 / December / 2008, 09:58:35 »
MFOn() and MFOff() solved shuting down but now software freeze (viefinder works but there is no response on pressed buttons)

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #14 on: 07 / December / 2008, 11:17:48 »
It may well be a particular feature of your camera and its firmware (both not exactly young and typical), so you'll probably have to investigate on your own. As a brief historical background (far as my ailing memory serves), the problem of camera hanging on distance override surfaced some time in the beginning of the year, when the then active CHDK maintainers were trying to unify the code. It was found, in particular, that some (mostly A series I believe) cameras hung on calling MoveFocusLensToDistance, if not in manual focus mode. It later turned out that (most) Ixus'es somehow responded to MoveFocusLensToDistance without hanging, even though they lack manual focus mode. Although in some of them the mentioned f-s MFOn,Off appeared to be present in the firmware, the issue was not investigated any further, at least not in the mainstream.

Now as an example, in Ixus950 (my cam, perhaps one of the last VxWorks, already with propset 2), MoveFocusLensToDistance moves the lens correctly (unless it is retracted or in play mode), but a prior call to MFOn "notifies" the firmware about the manual mode to the extend that it even writes "manual focus" tag to EXIF.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #15 on: 07 / December / 2008, 11:42:23 »
elektro255,

does the cam also freeze when you have once zoomed out & in manualy (with the zoom lever) before you call SD routines ?

« Reply #16 on: 07 / December / 2008, 18:15:11 »
About manual lens distance - my camera don't have manual focus so maybe that functions are not implemented correctly by canon I will look closer in Christmas break because now I have exams

I can change zoom in/out using buttons (i don't have zoom lever)

I also found another one bug when ISO override is turned on only one shot can be made because after this shoot camera hang (do not respond buttons)

« Reply #17 on: 08 / April / 2009, 16:36:40 »
Hi,

Would this work in a Canon Ixus i5 / SD20?
(I have one and would like to try)

Regards,
grouchomarx

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #18 on: 08 / April / 2009, 17:20:54 »
Hello & welcome, grouchomarx !

Would this work in a Canon Ixus i5 / SD20?
(I have one and would like to try)

If you mean: is CHDK available for the Ixus i5 (SD20 / IXY Digital L2) ? --> no, there's no CHDK for this camera.

This camera will not be supported by CHDK because of its Digic I image processor - the current builds of CHDK need at least a newer Digic II, Digic III or Digic IV image processor.

Offline ahull

« Reply #19 on: 25 / February / 2012, 04:45:07 »
I know this is an ancient thread, but I thought it worth mentioning that the software although ported for firmware version G also seems to work (so far without any issues) on version F firmware.

I picked up a version F SD30/izoom for buttons on ebay fixed it up and decided to try  the only version of CHDK available for this model, without bothering to check the firmware version first.

I tested scripting and raw (probably the things most people use CHDK for) and they seem bug free.

Histogram works
Motion Detection works
Various Intervalometer scripts work

In fact, I haven't found anything thus far that doesn't (if I do I'll post it here), all in all a great little camera (and it is little, I need my specs to read the menus  ::)) to run chdk on.

I may dump the firmware and diff it with version G if I can find some time later.

Finally, thanks as ever to the huge efforts of everyone that has contributed over the years to the CHDK community.

« Last Edit: 25 / February / 2012, 18:14:57 by ahull »