A3000IS poring thread - page 15 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

A3000IS poring thread

• 142 Replies
Re: A3000IS poring thread
« Reply #140 on: 15 / January / 2019, 03:31:31 »
Advertisements
I don't think that addresses the problem waterwingz is describing. Communicating with CHDK requires a full USB and PTP stack and a custom client implementing the CHDK extensions running on the host. The existing clients generally require the host be something like a PC or raspberry pi.

Hum, I wasn't familiar with the PTP stack.  Thanks for the clarification.  I see now @waterwingz's point.

Logging positions and time of shots and matching them up with images after the fact is probably an easier approach.

I think similar approach is followed here.  However, they use a phototransistor to pick up when the red eye reduction LED flashes to sync the created image file with the log entry in the FCU.

BTW, while searching for more information about CHDKPTP, I ran into a few posts about using CHDKPTP in conjunction with an Arduino (e.g. [1] & [2])

I also found this project, do you guys know anything about it (i.e. the hardware)?
« Last Edit: 15 / January / 2019, 03:57:39 by cagiva »

« Reply #141 on: 15 / January / 2019, 09:11:00 »
I think similar approach is followed here.  However, they use a phototransistor to pick up when the red eye reduction LED flashes to sync the created image file with the log entry in the FCU.
If you read through the thread for the kap_uav.lua script you will get the history of how that was developed.

I also found this project, do you guys know anything about it (i.e. the hardware)?
I have not seen that one before.  Looks like the external card activates a camera side script via PTP to "shoot" and while passing it some parameters to store on in a separate log file on the camera's SD card.  That lets them associate the image name and GPS info later on.

After a quick look, it seems that with the same hardware, it should be possible to modify the camera side Lua script to utililze kap_uav.lua's  customized exposure control algorithm and also to write the data to each image's EXIF info.

Unfortunately, when you look at <this link> there is also a notice that says :

The Open CCB is not yet commercially available - we are actively seeking manufacturers. (even though this topic is archived!)
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #142 on: 08 / February / 2019, 18:41:39 »
In changeset 5158, I checked in the new loader for this port and enabled compatibility check.
This change only affects the booting process, the port's functionality will remain the same.