CHDK for SX120 - page 5 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK for SX120

• 597 Replies
Re: CHDK for SX120
« Reply #40 on: 18 / December / 2009, 07:02:30 »
Advertisements
Ahh, sorry.  Missed that the first time.  Thanks.

« Reply #41 on: 18 / December / 2009, 16:41:05 »
So, it's clear that now we have a problem with under-exposed photos. But mighty says that tis problem is not present in earlier gajownik's build. We now need to repair taking JPEG photos before we may step any further.
I suggest bisecting through SVN revisions to try to find revision that has broken our port. At least I want to look though commit logs -- maybe it'll be clear what happened.

I hope I'll have some free time on Sunday to do that.

« Reply #42 on: 18 / December / 2009, 17:55:52 »
So, it's clear that now we have a problem with under-exposed photos. But mighty says that tis problem is not present in earlier gajownik's build.

IIRC commenting out exp_drv_task in taskCreateHook{,2}() in platform/sx120is/sub/100b/boot.c file should fix it. exp_drv_task did not work for me (propsets have changed?). I had started to implement it few days before my hard drive failed ;)

HTH

...or was it capt_seq_task?  ???
"Trying is the first step towards failure." (Homer Simpson)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #43 on: 18 / December / 2009, 22:18:33 »
If there's a few of you who want to work on this, I'd suggest making an SVN or git repository somewhere (you can create a space on assembla where CHDK is hosted, for example). Alternately, I could throw the current "latest" in the CHDK SVN (but not in the autobuilds) and you could post patches as needed. I'm happy to do this if you find it helpful.

...or was it capt_seq_task?  ???
I'd guess that as more likely, exp_drv_task should only do the "extra long exposure" stuff, while capt_seq handles normal overrides (as well as raw, bracketing and a bunch of other stuff). There's also some interaction between the modemap, camera.h defines and bracketing/overrides.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline rid

« Reply #44 on: 23 / December / 2009, 22:27:54 »
can't wait for sx120is chdk  :'(

up up..

merry christmas all  :xmas

« Reply #45 on: 26 / December / 2009, 10:37:57 »
Merry Christmas!! How goes porting process?  Any chance there will be a beta soon?

« Reply #46 on: 26 / December / 2009, 16:02:19 »
I'm afraid I haven't done anything on it this week.  Too many things to do getting ready for family coming over for xmas.
Hopefully I can spend some time this coming week.

« Reply #47 on: 31 / December / 2009, 14:00:07 »
Ok, I've started compiling for the latest trunk revision.  I might be a short term mistake in that I'll have to make (and have already) a number of changes just to get it to compile but I think it's a long-term win in that if I get something building before I start the New Year celebrations tonight at least it'll be compatible with the latest trunk.

« Reply #48 on: 31 / December / 2009, 14:36:13 »
Well, the latest trunk is building but it's not loading.  *sigh*

« Reply #49 on: 31 / December / 2009, 14:52:00 »
Ok, I take that back.  I don't get the option to update the firmware but if I lock the card chdk will boot if I hold down the playback button.
The menus come up and the keyboard works but all else is a noop apparently.  Now to really dig into it.