A495 camera can remote trigger using Gentles RC trigger but will not remote zoom - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A495 camera can remote trigger using Gentles RC trigger but will not remote zoom

• 4 Replies
Advertisements
I have downloaded and installed a script from Gentles who supplied a RC remote USB trigger/remote zoom  for my A495. The trigger works fine but not the remote zoom. Any ideas?

Offline zeno

I presume you have a gentWIRE-USB2 and are trying to use the ZoomNShoot.bas script available at http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/chdk_sdm/index.htm

What exactly happens when you try to control the zoom (e.g. what do you see on the camera's LCD)?
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Hello, all that happens is the same as if I tried to trigger the shutter ie the shutter fires but NO zoom. I DO have the USB 2 from Gentles - correct. 

Hello, all that happens is the same as if I tried to trigger the shutter ie the shutter fires but NO zoom. I DO have the USB 2 from Gentles - correct. 
Try this version of the script.  I added one line to display the value of the USB pulse in your camera's display.  Let me know what value is printed ?

Code: [Select]
@title gentled chdk2 A-series Zoom and Shoot - Version 2
rem author Dave Mitchell - dave@zenoshrdlu.com
rem this script lets a Gentled CHDK2 use two servo channels to control zooming and shooting
rem
rem It's designed to work on A-series cameras which have a small number of zoom steps.
rem It will not work properly on S-series cameras, because these have 128 zoom steps.
rem

while 1
   do
      a = get_usb_power
   until a>0
   print "pulse=",a
   if a < 5 then gosub "ch1up"
   if a > 4 and a < 8 then gosub "ch1mid"
   if a > 7 and a < 11 then gosub "ch1down"
   if a > 10 and a < 14 then gosub "ch2up"
   if a > 13 and a < 17 then gosub "ch2mid"
   if a > 16 and a < 20 then gosub "ch2down"