KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 9 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #80 on: 27 / December / 2013, 13:30:28 »
Advertisements
With the SX260 HS I haven't been able to figure out how to get the focus to lock at infinity. I even tried to take pictures using just M mode (no CHDK) and using these settings:

ISO 100
    Focus ∞
    1/1000
    f/4.5

Here is the result, from viewing properties->details it says the Focal Length is 90mm. How do I get it to lock at infinity before running the KAP_UAV script?

« Reply #81 on: 27 / December / 2013, 13:39:30 »
With the SX260 HS I haven't been able to figure out how to get the focus to lock at infinity. I even tried to take pictures using just M mode (no CHDK) and using these settings:
What setting are you using for the focus mode in the script?  Its possible you are locking the focus when you run the script and its staying locked between runs.

With a little work, it should be possible to let the script set the focus at infinity for you. 
« Last Edit: 27 / December / 2013, 13:43:14 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #82 on: 27 / December / 2013, 13:50:58 »
I am using aflock for the Focus @ Infinity Mode parameter. Also, does it matter what mode the camera is in when the script is running? Which mode should it be it M, Av, Tv, AUTO etc?

« Reply #83 on: 27 / December / 2013, 13:53:48 »
I am using aflock for the Focus @ Infinity Mode parameter. Also, does it matter what mode the camera is in when tthe script is running? Which mode should it be it M, Av, Tv, AUTO etc?
The mode should not matter - the script will override.  But try disabling the aflock - go with "none" for now and power cycle the camera before running the script again.

« Reply #84 on: 27 / December / 2013, 14:08:31 »
I took the memory card out and reset the camera. Then put it back in with the changed Focus param to "none".
I went outside and point the camera at the overcast clouds and ran the script. The properties of each photo say that the focal length is 4mm.

« Reply #85 on: 27 / December / 2013, 14:51:29 »
I took the memory card out and reset the camera. Then put it back in with the changed Focus param to "none".
I went outside and point the camera at the overcast clouds and ran the script. The properties of each photo say that the focal length is 4mm.
Sorry - I'm sitting in a very cramped coach seat on an airplane right now and can't do much in the way of testing. Can you enable logging to the SD card, rerun the test, and post the result here?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #86 on: 27 / December / 2013, 16:30:24 »
the properties of each photo say that the focal length is 4mm.
The focal length is the lens focal length (zoom level), not the focus distance.

The "Focus Distance Upper" and "Focus Distance Lower" items I mentioned earlier should tell you something about the the focus distance, but the meaning is not entirely clear to me. This can be displayed with exiftool, but they are proprietary Canon "maker notes" so many programs will not display them. It is also not certain they would correctly reflect CHDK overrides.

If you are testing on the ground, you can aim the camera at something close. If it is in focus, the camera AF is active and your override to infinity is not working.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #87 on: 28 / December / 2013, 14:52:11 »
The "Focus Distance Upper" and "Focus Distance Lower" items I mentioned earlier should tell you something about the the focus distance, but the meaning is not entirely clear to me. This can be displayed with exiftool, but they are proprietary Canon "maker notes" so many programs will not display them. It is also not certain they would correctly reflect CHDK overrides.

If you are testing on the ground, you can aim the camera at something close. If it is in focus, the camera AF is active and your override to infinity is not working.
Alternatively,  if you go to  CHDK Settings ->  OSD Settings and select Show OSD [ * ] and then go to CHDK Settings ->  OSD Settings->DOF Calculator and set Show DOF Calculator to [ In Misc ] and select Show Sub. Dist. in Misc [ * ] you will get a nice on screen display of the current focus distance in mm.

« Reply #88 on: 21 / January / 2014, 16:30:16 »
I thought you might like to know I'm using this script successfully in a UAV.

I've stitched together a 3D montage of a nearby field. The aircraft was being piloted directly so the 3D model isn't great. The next step is to get an autopilot into the aircraft.

I have uploaded a snapshot of the model to my blog at http://ecologydrones.tumblr.com/post/74093831920/the-first-test-run-without-an-autopilot-so-the

Thanks for the time and effort that has done into this script  :)

« Reply #89 on: 25 / January / 2014, 14:39:04 »
Hello all,

since yesterday evening i have started to use this script , it is very nice.

I'm using it with remote control function: i'm starting the camera in Playback mode (lens closed) and i'm playing with the voltage supplied on the camera mini usb connector ( 0v-5v) to start and stop the script.

Now if i'm stopping the script the lens remain opened and for me it would be perfect if when i stop the script camera to turn off the lenses and remain in playback mode, it is possible? If i want to restart the script lens to open again, and so on.

I am using a Canon SX230 , if there are users using the same camera, can post the parameters used, please? I'm using the camera on a rc airplane for photomapping.

Thank you.