KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 31 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #300 on: 02 / October / 2014, 15:04:56 »
Advertisements
After a week of tweaking, the problem was vibration from the propellers. Its almost fixed but niw i have a little bug with the KAP script.

Every time i put 3s interval photo the script dont use it, sometimes use 2s interval, and in the next point use 5s or 4s. Totally random. Is this a bug or what? Wierd.

THANKS!
« Last Edit: 02 / October / 2014, 15:08:28 by JMarques »

« Reply #301 on: 02 / October / 2014, 15:38:11 »
Every time i put 3s interval photo the script dont use it, sometimes use 2s interval, and in the next point use 5s or 4s. Totally random. Is this a bug or what? Wierd
You may be running into a limit on how fast the camera can shoot. Three seconds per shoot using standard shooting methods is pretty much the limit for most small P&S cameras. Because of this you will see shots at 2,3 and 4 seconds.  Try setting the shoot time to four seconds and see if things settle down?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #302 on: 02 / October / 2014, 19:53:12 »
Hi water,

The problem is if i use the intervalometer default script it works in 3s, it even work in 2s timer.

« Reply #303 on: 02 / October / 2014, 19:56:06 »
The problem is if i use the intervalometer default script it works in 3s, it even work in 2s timer.
Understood.  But humor me and let me know what happens when your run kap_uav with a four second interval ?

« Reply #304 on: 02 / October / 2014, 20:09:37 »
My apologies for taking so long. 
No worries - I know how that goes.  And I'll apologize for the late response by me too.

I used the same SD card I had been using for all the previous test. In the video there does not seem to be the time shift I have been previously experiencing.  Unfortunately it was a cloudless sky and the clouds moving was the easiest way to see the shift in the interval time, but the shadows moving and the traffic seems to be consistent. 
I think the pretty much demonstrates that when the log file is "flogging" the SD card with log messages, in addition to the actual image data being stored,  every 4 seconds, then the SD card bogs down.   I'll look at doing a "delayed write" log file that only updates every so often - or maybe after shooting has completed.  The issue there is making sure people shut the script down cleanly so that the log file has time to be written.

There is some flicker in the exposure.  It is not the huge jumps I have seen in some of my other attempts but still there.  This might be down to the limitations of the camera since it is one without an iris in the lens so if there is any breathing in the focus
In these later tests (unlike kap_uav.lua which tries for the highest shutter speed at reasonable ISO) the camera exposure is running in full "AUTO" mode.  Nothing to do with the script.   The flashing seems to be some sort of artifact of the camera AE operation - either it is not responding to legitimate exposure changes very well or  the scene is actually changing like that as clouds roll over.

« Reply #305 on: 02 / October / 2014, 20:10:35 »
Understood.  But humor me and let me know what happens when your run kap_uav with a four second interval ?

tomorrow i give you a answer! ;) thank1
« Last Edit: 02 / October / 2014, 20:38:11 by JMarques »

« Reply #306 on: 02 / October / 2014, 20:42:21 »
So i tried with 4s, 3s and 2s. And the results were always the same, very very random between 5s to 6s.

The wierd thing is that between shots the real time dont look that big. I'm using the default parameters in the KAP Script.

« Reply #307 on: 02 / October / 2014, 20:45:01 »
So i tried with 4s, 3s and 2s. And the results were always the same, very very random between 5s to 6s.
The weird thing is that between shots the real time don't look that big. I'm using the default parameters in the KAP Script.
I should have asked this right away.  Do you have RAW or DNG enabled?

« Reply #308 on: 02 / October / 2014, 20:49:28 »
I should have asked this right away.  Do you have RAW or DNG enabled?

No! Just plain JPG. Gonna remove the script and reinstall it again.

« Reply #309 on: 02 / October / 2014, 21:31:27 »
Gonna remove the script and reinstall it again.
That does not really reset everything.   You also need to click on "Load default param values" in the CHDK Script menu.