KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 72 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #710 on: 02 / February / 2016, 16:53:03 »
Advertisements
WW-  Quick one: Regarding the video segment interval between stills in KAP 3.6.  I'm trying to shoot a "miniature faking" segment (using the standard settings on the camera) between stills and in testing, altho the KAP script requests video shooting, the display simply goes blank on my 330HS and no video is recorded. Display comes back after the segment of 5 seconds is over.

Do I need to configure something under chdk settings to get video to record? I note that there are very few video settings on the 330HS chdk build, so does that mean I'm SOL on video shooting via CHDK&KAP?

tks

Dave

« Reply #711 on: 02 / February / 2016, 19:10:13 »
WW-  Quick one: Regarding the video segment interval between stills in KAP 3.6.  I'm trying to shoot a "miniature faking" segment (using the standard settings on the camera) between stills and in testing, altho the KAP script requests video shooting, the display simply goes blank on my 330HS and no video is recorded. Display comes back after the segment of 5 seconds is over.
How do you know that the script requests video shooting?  Does it say Video recording started on the LCD?  It might help if you post the log file although video mode does not really log much.

What happens if you make the video segment time longer?  Maybe 30 seconds?

The only other thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is that the get_video_button()  for the 330hs port returns the wrong result. I can post a quick test script to find that out once I get the answer to my previous questions.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #712 on: 03 / February / 2016, 11:36:26 »
WW- Indeed it says Video Recording Started. I have the display left on so I can see what KAP is doing. The screen goes blank after "Video Recording Started". Comes back after its done.
Attached the 2 Feb log entries.

tks
Dave

« Reply #713 on: 03 / February / 2016, 13:29:56 »
Hi waterwings

Still my mind with my balloon project. I wonder how to modifiy your script for recording lens temperature.
I saw that other scripts (hAPPY's , UGGY 's intervalometer) can do it but I prefer yours for its abilities to control shutter speed.

Is there a way to have this function ?

Best granting

« Reply #714 on: 03 / February / 2016, 16:02:20 »
(Traveling today ... I'll respond to both recent posts tonight)

« Reply #715 on: 03 / February / 2016, 16:38:43 »
WW- Indeed it says Video Recording Started. I have the display left on so I can see what KAP is doing. The screen goes blank after "Video Recording Started". Comes back after its done.
Attached the 2 Feb log entries.

tks
Dave

WW- I suspect the issue is that the 330HS uses a separate button to start/stop video recording. I came about this suspicion when I looked at an older CHDK manual where the remote functions were described in detail. "If camera has a dedicated video button, will start and stop video using that button rather than the shutter switch."

So, I'm going to see if I can actually mod an existing script to send a "video-shoot" button press rather than a shutter press.
As well, in troubleshooting, I cannot find a way to get CHDK to start the video shooting on the 330HS using its switch settings in the Remote Parameters menu. Possibly, the build for this camera has left out some functionality for video shooting.

df

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #716 on: 03 / February / 2016, 19:27:15 »
I suspect the issue is that the 330HS uses a separate button to start/stop video recording. I came about this suspicion when I looked at an older CHDK manual where the remote functions were described in detail. "If camera has a dedicated video button, will start and stop video using that button rather than the shutter switch."
Thanks for that hint. The port was missing a definition, should be corrected in releases r4415 and newer.

« Reply #717 on: 03 / February / 2016, 21:46:38 »
I suspect the issue is that the 330HS uses a separate button to start/stop video recording. I came about this suspicion when I looked at an older CHDK manual where the remote functions were described in detail. "If camera has a dedicated video button, will start and stop video using that button rather than the shutter switch."
Thanks for that hint. The port was missing a definition, should be corrected in releases r4415 and newer.

Thank you srsa_4c.... now I'll load the latest version and test...... tomorrow.
DF
« Last Edit: 03 / February / 2016, 21:49:30 by davefolts »

« Reply #718 on: 03 / February / 2016, 23:32:48 »
The script handles cameras with a separate video button differently than those without a separate button.  As I suggesterd earlier, that only works if the CHDK port is setup correctly for the camera. I'm glad srsa_4c spotted the missing definition as it saved me posting a test script to prove this out.

« Reply #719 on: 03 / February / 2016, 23:44:19 »

I wonder how to modifiy your script for recording lens temperature.
Is there a way to have this function ?
All you need is a very simple change to the script's logging function.  I'll post a modified script in a day or two after I find my camera to test the change.