KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 91 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies

Offline lanzo

Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #900 on: 27 / November / 2016, 16:49:15 »
Advertisements
Yes mate, I am searching for someone who already did the hardware to detect the "blink"
I worked with bchristal on the original implementation.  You can try sending him a PM and I'll send him an email directly to ask.
PM sent, thank you very much

« Reply #901 on: 03 / December / 2016, 17:46:38 »
It would be good if you can share anything you learn.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline lanzo

« Reply #902 on: 04 / December / 2016, 05:18:12 »
It would be good if you can share anything you learn.
Brian pointed me to this beautiful cable http://tuffwing.com/support/Install_a_canon_precision_geotag_cable.html
It's made to trig the pixhawk with 5V, Brian was so gentle to explain me that if I need to trig the Reach RTK I need 3.3V and pointed me to a video that explains how phototransistor works so I can make one.
I made some tests with a phototransistor I have removed from a remote, Canon S110 LED blinks too fast for me to catch the Voltage on the meter and trying with the smartphone flash I get only 0.5V so next week I go to the city buying all I need that's still a mistery ahahah
I think the best way to do is using a phototransistor to act as a switch for a circuit that transform 5V to 3.3V, it is a simple job for someone who knows how to do it, anyone here? lol
thank you

« Reply #903 on: 05 / December / 2016, 19:34:03 »
I made some tests with a phototransistor I have removed from a remote, Canon S110 LED blinks too fast for me to catch the Voltage on the meter
You could use a simple script to activate the LED for longer periods for testing purposes.

Offline lanzo

« Reply #904 on: 06 / December / 2016, 00:28:17 »
Thank you I'll do it.

Be aware that the tuffwing Canon IR cable actually sends 3.3V and not 5V like I said before, my fault

« Reply #905 on: 06 / December / 2016, 13:52:26 »
Be aware that the tuffwing Canon IR cable actually sends 3.3V and not 5V like I said before, my fault
Technically the tuffwing Canon IR cable does not "send" anything - 3.3V or 5V.   It contains a phototransistor that acts as a switch that changes to a low impedance state when enough light enters it's lens (causing a base to emitter current that allows a much larger collector to emitter current to flow).  So the three wires in the cable hook to +V, GND, and signal from the flight controller.  I suspect it will work just as well with V=3.3V as it does with V=5V.

Offline lanzo

« Reply #906 on: 07 / December / 2016, 19:47:51 »
Technically the tuffwing Canon IR cable does not "send" anything - 3.3V or 5V.   It contains a phototransistor that acts as a switch that changes to a low impedance state when enough light enters it's lens (causing a base to emitter current that allows a much larger collector to emitter current to flow).  So the three wires in the cable hook to +V, GND, and signal from the flight controller.  I suspect it will work just as well with V=3.3V as it does with V=5V.
In this case, cable for log photo time, it is the module that sends an on or off signal to the pixhawk (signal) pin.

« Reply #907 on: 07 / December / 2016, 19:55:46 »
In this case, cable for log photo time, it is the module that sends an on or off signal to the pixhawk (signal) pin.
Agreed!

At the risk of being pedantic, the module gets 5V or 3.3V from a flight controller and returns that voltage to one of the flight controller's inputs when the camera shutter is open as indicated by the designated camera LED.

My point is that the module does not "source" any power - it simply switches a voltage that it gets from the flight controller back to the flight controller when the camera LED is illuminated.   So the cable should work for flight controllers that use 3.3V or 5V.

Offline lanzo

« Reply #908 on: 13 / December / 2016, 08:28:29 »
You're not pedantic, it's my english that is very poor, sorry.
Thank again for precise explanation, I'm not an electronic expert but I can't buy from USA right now so I have to try to make this cable by myself
In the APM wiky I found that it logs a picture when Voltage is on or off (selectable by CAM_FEEDBACK_POL parameter) but doesn't say which voltage is accepted, the central pin is for sure at 5V as the power rail is in parallel.
Tuffwing cable need CAM_FEEDBACK_POL 0 so it seems its voltage goes to 0 during shutter

Can you point me to a script that leaves the S110 LED ON? Thank you

Agreed!

At the risk of being pedantic, the module gets 5V or 3.3V from a flight controller and returns that voltage to one of the flight controller's inputs when the camera shutter is open as indicated by the designated camera LED.

My point is that the module does not "source" any power - it simply switches a voltage that it gets from the flight controller back to the flight controller when the camera LED is illuminated.   So the cable should work for flight controllers that use 3.3V or 5V.

« Reply #909 on: 13 / December / 2016, 13:23:46 »
I'm not an electronic expert but I can't buy from USA right now so I have to try to make this cable by myself
Do you have the circuit diagram that you need?  And a suitable photo-transistor?

Can you point me to a script that leaves the S110 LED ON?
Simple script attached. 

By default, it will turn on LED "0" when it runs - which I believe from the notes for that camera is the "focus assist" lamp.  You can select other LED's using the script parameter that shows up in the Script menu when you load the script. 

A little "trial & error" might be necessary to identify what number lights which LED.