rec. mem. card size for the sx 40 w. chdk - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

rec. mem. card size for the sx 40 w. chdk

• 3 Replies
rec. mem. card size for the sx 40 w. chdk
« on: 16 / September / 2012, 16:04:01 »
Advertisements
Hello. I have been using chdk with the s3is for many years. The best mem card size to work with, with this camera is the 2gb card with the card tricks program. If I step up to the sx 40, would I still be using card tricks and would the 2gb card still be the most compatible ?
thank you,
robert

Offline reyalp

Re: rec. mem. card size for the sx 40 w. chdk
« Reply #1 on: 16 / September / 2012, 16:18:26 »
sx40 can boot from FAT32, so you can any sized card without much trouble. SDXC cards usually default to exFAT, so they do have to be manually reformatted to FAT32 to boot.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 16 / September / 2012, 16:59:21 »
thank you rey. can i still use my card tricks software ? and, I know with the 4gb cards and over with the card tricks, the program would tell me that I need to create a partition and something about non standard clusters. so i don't have to worry about this if i use card tricks with sdhc cards but not the sdxc cards ? right ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 16 / September / 2012, 17:11:53 »
thank you rey. can i still use my card tricks software ? and, I know with the 4gb cards and over with the card tricks, the program would tell me that I need to create a partition and something about non standard clusters. so i don't have to worry about this if i use card tricks with sdhc cards but not the sdxc cards ? right ?
I'm not sure about card tricks, but with FAT32 you should be able to load CHDK once manually using "firm update" and then use CHDK itself to make the card bootable. This page on the wiki explains http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Bootable_SD_card
Don't forget what the H stands for.