Virtual Keyboard - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Virtual Keyboard

• 14 Replies
Virtual Keyboard
« on: 08 / January / 2009, 16:49:27 »
Advertisements
I'm working at virtual keyboard if anyone will start development, I also made snake and tetris game but I don't have time to make comments, and beautify code, and hall of fame after making keyboard.
« Last Edit: 09 / January / 2009, 09:51:36 by elektro255 »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
virtual keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 08 / January / 2009, 16:52:52 »
lol, funny, all the time i think i was the only one wanting to do snake & tetris :D
here is some info about how i imagined the keyboard: https://chdk.kernreaktor.org/mantis/view.php?id=5
at best it should somehow work like the colorpicker, so that you can use the keyboard in the menu easily. good luck and thanks in advance :)

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
virtual keyboard
« Reply #2 on: 08 / January / 2009, 16:57:29 »
@elektro255 & PhP

wontolla started a keyboard some time ago, there's also some code there... File/script editor

virtual keyboard
« Reply #3 on: 08 / January / 2009, 17:13:14 »
I don't understand your idea,but mine is to show on screen full qwerty keyboard, over keyboard will be text field where will be typed text, and you will choose keys using arrows (4 keys up down left right) when you highlighted correct key press SET button to add that character to typed text

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: virtual keyboard
« Reply #4 on: 08 / January / 2009, 17:21:20 »
i split the topic :)

well, what i mean is - where will the text be pasted? how to access the text? i guess you will find a solution :)

« Reply #5 on: 08 / January / 2009, 17:31:33 »
I have idea to make function like

gui_keypad(char* text, unsigned int max_text_length);

This will show keypad stop execution of code where gui_keypad called, get text from user letter by letter, when user finished typing can press exit and then program flow will go back to gui_keypad call place with text stored in place where pointer: 'char* text' points to.

Added:
I forget there will be one more parameter like: 
gui_keypad(char* text, unsigned int max_text_length, KeypadMode mode);

where KeypadMode is used to choose keyboard type:
typedef KeypadMode enum{
   KEYPAD_MODE_LETTERS,
   KEYPAD_MODE_NUMBERS,
   KEYPAD_MODE_SINGLE_CHARACTER,
};
« Last Edit: 08 / January / 2009, 17:35:37 by elektro255 »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #6 on: 08 / January / 2009, 17:55:53 »
perhaps you can add a key in the keyboard that allows you to switch between letters numbers, singlechars - or a list of words (very useful for example for script editing).

nonplusultra would be to be able to load wordlists from files, but this would be overkill right now.

other than that, your way of calling this seems to be alright :) i guess it should work similar to the MENU_ITEM_COLOR_FG in gui.c, which lets you choose a color and then return that to the menu. instead, you choose a a character, a word or a text :)

« Reply #7 on: 09 / January / 2009, 09:46:57 »
I made two keyboards in first one you just choose key using arrows, in second one you have to choose 3 keys press set and then one of this tree (like in iPod), First one is slower in use but to use second one you have to pay more attention in choosing keys.

Making keys with words is good idea but I will make that another time because now I have some other things to do.

Demos for PC are attached to post.
« Last Edit: 09 / January / 2009, 10:06:18 by elektro255 »

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
Re: Virtual Keyboard
« Reply #8 on: 09 / January / 2009, 10:05:38 »
@elektro255

PC demo's complain "cannot open file blank.bmp" - should i create this, and - if yes - what size ?

Re: Virtual Keyboard
« Reply #9 on: 09 / January / 2009, 10:07:32 »
now should work I forget about that file