CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing : - page 10 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing :

• 126 Replies
Re: CHDK for the G10 : Beta Release Testing
« Reply #90 on: 30 / August / 2011, 20:27:24 »
Advertisements
Many, many thanks for all the people involved in this. Honestly it is a dream come true for me!

I mainly will be using the high speed shutter sync feature- I have been looking through the manuals on how to use this properly, but the only way I can find to do it is by setting the "override shutter speed" option in the CHDK menu. Should I be able to do it some other way, say while in the manual shooting mode without having to go through the CHDK menu all the time to change the shutter speed?

Thanks again!

« Reply #91 on: 31 / August / 2011, 06:29:19 »

I tell how i Made it.
 Open  cardtricks 144
selecting right card
Format as Fat , Fat 16 is display, it is am 1 GB  Sandisk
Make Bootable
Decompress CHDK Zip file
CHDK Folger Operations: select folder G10-102A-Beta-3
Custom to CHDk
Job done!
Write Protect Card
put in Camera
Push on/off button

result :   Display says Card ist write protect

Sounds like you are doing everything correctly.  Did you open the SD card from your PC and verify that the DISKBOOT.BIN file is actually in the root directory of the card ?

Otherwise,  maybe its some wierd timing thing with that card and your G10 ?  Kind of a long shot - did you try using a different brand of card ?   I don't know what else to suggest here - sorry.

I`ve found the mistake!
I  know why , DISKBOOT.BIN got not the right Size, unstead of 265.625 bytes only 44 bytes on the Card and my PC
It was and failure in the extracting or download process,
i download it  a second time.

So, it works.

« Reply #92 on: 31 / August / 2011, 11:37:15 »
Bug: while in File Browser and deleting several RAWs, either the progress bar dialog gets broken and freezes, or the deleted files appear with strange names (@"$&). In both cases, the files are properly deleted, so it's only a display thing.
It doesn't happen every time, so it's not reproductible.

I am very happy with this CHDK release, I'm preparing an article for my forum (MacUser.Ro).
Thank you!!!!
« Last Edit: 31 / August / 2011, 11:40:09 by altero »

« Reply #93 on: 31 / August / 2011, 11:45:14 »
H
Bug: while in File Browser and deleting several RAWs, either the progress bar dialog gets broken and freezes, or the deleted files appear with strange names (@"$&). In both cases, the files are properly deleted, so it's only a display thing.
It doesn't happen every time, so it's not reproductible.

There was also a report of menu lockup if you go to the font change menu and change the fonts a few times.  The time to lock up is variable but if you keep at it,  it always crashes eventually.

I wonder if there is a stack size issue or memory leak happening here ?

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: CHDK for the G10 : Beta Release Testing - BETA 4 NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #94 on: 31 / August / 2011, 21:04:33 »
Beta4 : Complete release of CHDK for the Canon G10

The G10 beta test team has finished testing beta release 4 of CHDK for the G10. There are links to the downloads in the first post of this thread at :     Beta 4 Download Post

Notes for this fourth release :

1) CHDK RAW & DNG formats are fully supported and calibrated.  If you have Canon RAW mode enable,  CHDK will disable its RAW & DNG formats. Also, before you post here that you cannot open the CHDK RAW files,  please read this this Forum Thread about CHDK RAW : CHDK RAW Forum Post

2) Fast motion detection is now enabled.

3) A list of know bugs can be found here : G10 CHDK Beta Test Bug List

4) This beta version only supports the "SD card lock" boot method.  The "firmware update" method is not available. If you are new to CHDK,  please read this wiki posting about preparing your SD card : Bootable SD Card

Thanks again to all the beta testers who tried out this release in advance and reported back.
« Last Edit: 31 / August / 2011, 21:07:59 by waterwingz »

Re: CHDK for the G10 : Beta Release Testing : BETA 4 now available
« Reply #95 on: 01 / September / 2011, 23:09:00 »
thank you to waterwingz and all hero testers! great work.

« Reply #96 on: 02 / September / 2011, 03:45:58 »
I remember I saw somewhere instructions about how to take screenshots from the camera, but cannot find it. It's for my article about CHDK on G10, I'd like to include illustrations.
Thanks.

« Reply #97 on: 02 / September / 2011, 20:04:56 »
I remember I saw somewhere instructions about how to take screenshots from the camera, but cannot find it. It's for my article about CHDK on G10, I'd like to include illustrations.

I'm guesssing it was a ptp thing - display the LCD screen via ptp on your PC and then use the PC screen capture function ?  I don't know enough about ptp to say if this will work or which client software to use.  A quick search of the forum returns lots of results but nothing that seems specific enough.

« Reply #98 on: 03 / September / 2011, 03:38:55 »
Yeah, I searched for "screenshot" and "print screen", but didn't found anything relevant.
There are tons of screenshots in the Wiki, so I thought it's something easy to do.
I'll dig more...

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #99 on: 03 / September / 2011, 04:00:17 »
Yeah, I searched for "screenshot" and "print screen", but didn't found anything relevant.
There are tons of screenshots in the Wiki, so I thought it's something easy to do.
I'll dig more...

Older cameras had a USB live view feature and software provided by Canon to use it on your PC.
Newer cameras don't have this any more.

There is work in progress to add this feature into CHDK - hopefully it will be available soon.
There's a sample screen shot I took from the IXUS 310 here - http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4338.msg72009#msg72009

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)