Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v4.5 - page 5 - LUA Scripting - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v4.5

• 166 Replies
Re: Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v4.2
« Reply #40 on: 14 / January / 2014, 13:16:03 »
Advertisements

If you set the shooting interval too short, the backlight never gets a chance to turn off as the camera turns it back on after every shot.   However, since I last updated the script,  there is now a new script command available that actually turns off the whole display.  Sometime in the next couple of days I'll update the script to use that instead.

Thank you for the quick response, but it's a really stupid thing that happend. I didn't wait long enough. I stopped the script after a few shots because the screen didn't became black. Today I waited a little bit longer a tadaa after some 10 shots the backlight turned off. I simply didn't know that it takes some shots. By the way: where did you define how many pic's will be taken before turning the backlight off?
I think i'll try your script again when the weather becomes better. Maybe you are faster with the new version. :D

Harald

« Reply #41 on: 14 / January / 2014, 13:45:12 »
Today I waited a little bit longer a tadaa after some 10 shots the backlight turned off.
In my better scripts,  I usually have a delay prior to turning off the display so that you can verify that the script is running correctly prior to the display going  black.  I also re-enable the display for 20 seconds when any camera key is pressed while the script is running.

In the current version of the script,  these delays are passed as a parameter via the set_display() function calls on lines 337 & 448.
« Last Edit: 14 / January / 2014, 13:51:40 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #42 on: 04 / June / 2014, 11:53:57 »
Quick ?
Does the Shot Rate (sec) counter begin after the completion of last shot or is it calculated differently?  Exposures get longer as light diminishes.  Don't want to goof the Shot rate up.

Thanks

« Reply #43 on: 04 / June / 2014, 15:07:12 »
Does the Shot Rate (sec) counter begin after the completion of last shot or is it calculated differently?  Exposures get longer as light diminishes.  Don't want to goof the Shot rate up.
The shot rate timer attempts to work in real time.  If the shot loop completes faster than the specified shot interval then the timer will halt the script until the specified shot interval has elapsed. 

However,  if the exposure time eventually becomes longer than the specified shot interval, the shot loop simply continues as fast as it can ( i.e. the time for each loop iteration is essentially the exposure time.)

« Reply #44 on: 04 / June / 2014, 16:51:28 »
The shot rate timer attempts to work in real time.  If the shot loop completes faster than the specified shot interval then the timer will halt the script until the specified shot interval has elapsed. 

However,  if the exposure time eventually becomes longer than the specified shot interval, the shot loop simply continues as fast as it can ( i.e. the time for each loop iteration is essentially the exposure time.)

Got it. Thx

« Reply #45 on: 05 / June / 2014, 00:29:22 »
I tend to be having a strange result form this script.  Just checked my sundown TL and I notice a pop up in brightness from one picture to the next mid way through the sequence.  It throws off the smoothness of the whole TL sequence.  As the sky is getting darker one image is at max exposure time of 13" at ISO 400 then the next image jumps to ISO 1000 or so and works its way down over the span of about 23 images to a stable darker image.  The data I pulled from the images is not precise since they are jpegs. 

Could the exposure ramp rate be at fault here?  I have the camera currently shooting over night so I will have to get the settings tomorrow.  From memory the shot rate is 10". ISO default 100.  ISO upper limit 1250.  Ramp rate medium or high.  I haven't seen this occur with F16 or Sunset5 scripts.

Link to video to section of TL with issue (just before hitting 3"):   http://youtu.be/l1kj23_6-9s
« Last Edit: 05 / June / 2014, 00:46:10 by El Pistoffo »

« Reply #46 on: 05 / June / 2014, 00:39:05 »
I tend to be having a strange result form this script.  Just checked my sundown TL and I notice a pop up in brightness from one picture to the next mid way through the sequence.
Not good.  The whole point of the script is to NOT do that.

It throws off the smoothness of the whole TL sequence.  As the sky is getting darker one image is at max exposure time of 13" at ISO 400 then the next image jumps to ISO 1000 or so and works its way down to a darker image.  The data from the images is not precise since they are jpegs. 

Could the exposure ramp rate be at fault here?  I have the camera currently shooting over night so I will have to get the settings tomorrow.  From memory the shot rate is 10". ISO default 100.  ISO upper limit 1250.  Ramp rate medium or high.
Did you enable logging to the SD card?  That's the default setting unless you changed it. 

It would be really good to see a copy of the log.  Hard to debug otherwise.

« Reply #47 on: 05 / June / 2014, 00:47:41 »
Dang it, I have to check but I might have disabled it.  I will do another TL tomorrow night and make sure the log is enabled.  Is that enable within the script or CHDK?

« Reply #48 on: 05 / June / 2014, 01:13:14 »
Dang it, I have to check but I might have disabled it.  I will do another TL tomorrow night and make sure the log is enabled.  Is that enable within the script or CHDK?
It's one of the options in the script. You set is on the scroll list at the bottom of the CHDK Script Menu.

« Reply #49 on: 05 / June / 2014, 07:23:34 »
It's one of the options in the script. You set is on the scroll list at the bottom of the CHDK Script Menu.
Yep it was off, I will attempt it again tonight with the logging enabled

Settings last night:
Shot Rate: 10"
Tv normal Limit: 1/4"
Tv low limit 12"
ISO default:  100
ISO Upper limit: 1250
Exposure ramp rate:  medium
Aperture setting: min_Av
Use ND Filter:  eneabled
Raw Enable:  Disabled

On a side note, I used Meteor 2.5 last night.  First 5 images had some white specks/hot spots throughout images then they disappeared for the next 50 or so images then re-appeared for remainder of shoot. 
« Last Edit: 05 / June / 2014, 08:33:29 by El Pistoffo »