A450 powershot CHDK installation. - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum

A450 powershot CHDK installation.

• 2 Replies
A450 powershot CHDK installation.
« on: 10 / December / 2011, 17:57:53 »
Advertisements
Hello.
I hope that I am not repeating a question - I have tried search without any luck.
My question as a CHDK newbie is, can anyone tell me the way to get CHDK onto my A450 powershot camera. I have followed the process for getting CHDK onto a 64Mb card, but I cannot see it when I put the card into my camera. I have looked at the card with my computer and card reader and it seems to have lots of CHDK stuff on it, but how do I install it on my A450? Thanks for any help.

David Miles

Offline zeno

Re: A450 powershot CHDK installation.
« Reply #1 on: 10 / December / 2011, 18:30:37 »
If you have followed the process and made the card bootable, all you need to do is lock the card (with the little tab on the edge), put it in the camera and switch on. CHDK will automatically be loaded - you'll see the 'splash screen' on the LCD as the camera starts. Then press the Print button to go into Alt mode and press the Menu button to see the CHDK menus.

If this doesn't work, then you haven't made the card bootable - take a look at the CardTricks instructions here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/Installing_with_Cardtricks
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Re: A450 powershot CHDK installation.
« Reply #2 on: 12 / December / 2011, 08:13:51 »
Hello Zeno.
Thank you for your help. I did reply to you yesterday to say that I had some success and managed to get a "motion detection" script onto my card, but I cannot see my reply anywhere. Not to worry. I can now see the  script on my camera lcd with about ten different settings, but I cannot figure out how to use it. All I have managed to do sofar, has been to take a "still" picture using the shutter release! I have tried trawling the internet ( youtube etc ) for a simple step by step guide to help me. Do you ( or anyone ) know a link that can help me navigate through this part of CHDK on my A460?

David Miles.