port for A3300IS / what reference port to use? - page 28 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

port for A3300IS / what reference port to use?

• 289 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: port for A3300IS / what reference port to use?
« Reply #270 on: 16 / June / 2012, 19:18:00 »
Advertisements
Other firmware versions

edit:
woops, new page. See previous post!
« Last Edit: 16 / June / 2012, 19:23:45 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #271 on: 17 / June / 2012, 00:07:49 »
And you need to make the card bootable by doing the following:
  • Starting at location 1E0 hex, which is the same as 480 decimal, place the phrase "BOOTDISK\000" , where "\000" means a NULL byte. If you are using Windows you can use CardTricks or CHDK-Shell to do this.
  • Slide the little button on the card to the LOCK position.

that means i cannot use sd cards>4gb ???

and cannot do the "firmware update" method?
« Last Edit: 17 / June / 2012, 00:09:33 by RidwanArefin »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #272 on: 17 / June / 2012, 01:25:40 »
that means i cannot use sd cards>4gb ???
No, the method he described allows you to boot off of a fat32 card, which can be larger than 4gb
and cannot do the "firmware update" method?
You need a PS.FI2 file to use the "firmware update" method. The builds I posted this file, so if they work, you can use the "firmware update" method with those. If you can load once using the "firmware update" method, you can use CHDK to make your card bootable.

Offline kosy

« Reply #273 on: 17 / June / 2012, 01:56:49 »
DISP is defined as an option for the alt button, but is also assign a shortcut function (toggle raw and debug shortcut.) It might be simpler to just limit the alt shortcuts to PLAY and FACE ? I'm guessing disp would be a much less common choice since it has a commonly used function in the canon firmware.

FACE is also given the toggle MF function.

For both of these, if they are available as an alt key, can you verify that they don't trigger the shortcut functions when assigned as the alt key ? I expect they don't, but some of that code is quite convoluted.
I'll check into that. You're right, there are so many possible interactions...
In gui_draw.h, I'm not clear why there is the ifdef for CHDK_COLOR_BASE ?
For a while I was having trouble finding a spot in the color palettes where I could put the CHDK colors, so made it possible to build without them. I left it there in case I later on find a combination of Canon menues that shows the purported empty spot isn't so empty after all.
In kbd.c:
alt_mode_key_mask is not actually used anywhere, it should be removed.
I couldn't find where it was used either, but I'm not very familiar with the workings of CHDK so left it there. I'm happy to remove it!
The DIAL defines should be commented, since they are only for information.
OK.
The BTN defines are not a bad idea, but FWIW I'd prefer to keep the code similar to other cameras.
I prefer the BTN defines because the compiler is much better at making sure the mask is a proper OR of the keys. I much prefer to define things only once -- it saves me from tracking errors when I find I need to change something.
Your buildconf.inc had games disabled. If this camera does not have enough memory to run correctly without them, we will need to either force them off for this build or implement exmem support.
The camera has sufficient memory for games and the kinds of scripts I was running. I never tried RAW or motion detection, so I don't know if games would be a problem then. I have no objection to enabling games.
I've attached a diff with my modifications, and a corresponding build. I also removed extraneous changes. If this is acceptable, I can add it to the trunk. If you want to revise and make a new patch, that's OK too.
Thank you, I'll look at the patch and respond within a day.

Offline kosy

« Reply #274 on: 18 / June / 2012, 01:23:25 »
Hi reyalp,

I downloaded your build for the a3300_100d (from http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6972.msg86536#msg86536) and tried it out. It works well!

I checked the interaction of PLAY, FACE, and DISP as each was chosen in turn to be the ALT key, and see how that affected other things.

When PLAY is the ALT key, FACE toggles Manual Focus mode, and DISP triggers the "ALT +/- debug action"

When FACE is the ALT key, there is no access to Manual Focus mode, and  DISP triggers the "ALT +/- debug action"

When DISP is the ALT key, FACE toggles Manual Focus mode, and there is no access to the "ALT +/- debug action"

I did learn that I had chosen a bad combination of for COLOR_RED and COLOR_BG, which means the OSD  (On Screen Display) of the SD (Subject Distance) and FACTOR for manual focus is nearly illegible. I'll post a better choice when I have time to play with it some more.

Bottom line: Please apply your patch to the autobuild servers.

Thank you for your help!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #275 on: 14 / July / 2012, 15:36:46 »
I noticed that subs 100c and 100d are using this for vid_bitmap_refresh
Code: [Select]
void vid_bitmap_refresh()
{
draw_filled_rect(0, 0, 360, 240, 0x00) ;
}
100a uses canon functions/variables, which is probably more efficient and less likely to trample on the canon UI. If someone can find the appropriate addresses and verify that the 100a method works on the other subs, that would be good.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #276 on: 15 / July / 2012, 04:12:22 »
According to stubs_entry.S files, the addresses of functions/variables used in vid_bitmap_refresh()  by sub 100a are the same in subs 100c, 100d. 

I modified files (patch attached) and compiled (files attached in the next post).  But I don't have access to camera, so I can not test it.
« Last Edit: 15 / July / 2012, 04:18:16 by nafraf »

Offline nafraf

« Reply #277 on: 15 / July / 2012, 04:15:21 »
Compiled files with vid_bitmap_refresh() patched with  a3300_100c_100d_vid_bitmap_refresh-r1988.diff

EDIT
out of date attachments deleted.
« Last Edit: 18 / October / 2012, 22:12:58 by nafraf »

« Reply #278 on: 08 / September / 2012, 14:30:41 »
I see on http://mighty-hoernsche.de that this build is still BETA

Are there any known issues?

I'm interested on using it with chkdptp to take photographs with a computer, I don't mind if any other functions are not working well, but I need to purchase a camera which can shoot controlled by a computer.

Thanks.

« Reply #279 on: 09 / September / 2012, 16:14:54 »
I see on http://mighty-hoernsche.de that this build is still BETA
Most CHDk releases are tagged as "BETA".  Its pretty arbitrary and the BETA tag only changes if the original porter remembers to come back and remove it.

Are there any known issues?
If there are, they will usually be listed in this thread.  Its up to you to read through it though unless someone with the camera posts an answer to your question.

I'm interested on using it with chkdptp to take photographs with a computer, I don't mind if any other functions are not working well, but I need to purchase a camera which can shoot controlled by a computer..
Depends on what you want to do. Shooting is easy.  Tranferring the pictures to your computer automatically is quite a bit harder.  Longs threads on the subject are here :

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4338.0
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6231.0

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16