Works USB Remote button in A570 Is ? n/t - page 3 - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Works USB Remote button in A570 Is ? n/t

• 38 Replies
Re: Works USB Remote button in A570 Is ? n/t
« Reply #20 on: 25 / February / 2008, 18:20:13 »
Advertisements
Hi

I have an a570is, with a remote using a 3v battery.  I am using allbest 101a 34 build.  My camera, when told to display misc values, puts out

No USB
1/   10f[c-f]1[0-1-4-5]c5
2/  [d-f]fe09cc0
3/ 9ff[e-d]
4/ 0

USB connected
1/   10f[c-f]1[0-1-4-5]c5
2/  [d-f]fe09cc0
3/ 9ff[e-d]
4/ 1

so the only change when the usb cable (connected to the computer) is plugged in, is the 4th value changes from 0 to 1.  When using a 3v remote, wired usb terminal 4--> neg -->switch -->led -- usb terminal 1.

Can anyone help me?  I have turned on the Enable Remote (USB) option, and neither the computer cable, nor the remote, will start the script.  everything else seems to work properly.  I am also confused, as to whether the remote is used to start the script, or once the script is started the signal from the remote will  be used by the script.  Which one is right?  I have tried both, and no reaction from the camera by either cable can be seen.

Thanks,

fasteddie

« Reply #21 on: 25 / February / 2008, 18:45:37 »
The USB signal is not displayed in Misc values on all cameras.
If it was, value 3 fifth digit should change from 0 to 4.

3V is not enough for A570, it needs to be at least 3.4V, maybe more.

Plug into the computer for testing to be sure of a big enough voltage.

You have to use a script that is waiting for key "remote".

Here is Fingalo's  :-

@title Remote button
:loop
wait_click 1
is_key k "remote"
if k=1 then shoot
goto "loop"
end

David

« Reply #22 on: 25 / February / 2008, 19:54:00 »
Hi, thanks a ton.  Just trying to re-package my remote...having a hard time finding a 5v watch-type cell. 

Do you know if 6v would hurt the camera?  I have two of the 3v cells.

Thanks,

Adam

Offline Anaglyphic

• Anaglyphic lives!
« Reply #23 on: 26 / February / 2008, 03:33:22 »
When using a 3v remote, wired usb terminal 4--> neg -->switch -->led -- usb terminal 1.

Uh, if you mean you wired an LED in series with the switch, then the reason your remote isn't working is the very first time you applied power, you burnt out the LED. Without a current limiting resistor it was insta-death. And even if not, the LED's forward voltage drop would... well, nevermind, just remove the LED and see how that goes.
Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything,
 we ought to know a little about everything.
-- Blaise Pascal

« Reply #24 on: 26 / February / 2008, 10:30:11 »
Hi,

The LED was actually over-rated at 5v for the application, as I kinda expected i would need more than 3v.  I ended up using both cells together with a small voltage regulator to give me a constant 5v output.  The LED is driven off this so i know when the switch is working and when the batteries are done.

Thanks again everyone.  If anyone wants a diagram i can do up a schematic.  It's pretty rough, as it isn't mounted on a pcb, but it's pretty solid, and it works beautifully.

« Reply #25 on: 18 / March / 2008, 05:03:59 »
hi,

i also need some help to get usb remote working on
the a530 port - using the "show misc" debug feature
the third entry changes from

3: 3fff

to

3: 7fff

if i press the remote button (i.e. give power to the
usb remote) - what is the corresponding usb mask
for this ... btw. no other misc values change during
a remote button press

a lot of thanks in advance and best wishes - image13

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #26 on: 18 / March / 2008, 09:40:20 »
the third entry changes from
3: 3fff
to
3: 7fff
Code: [Select]
#define USB_MASK 0x4000
#define USB_REG 2

« Reply #27 on: 19 / March / 2008, 15:07:02 »
does not seem to work - looks like there is something
else broken most probably - any other idea?

best wishes - image13

« Reply #28 on: 09 / April / 2008, 06:02:46 »
I am curious how to wire my Canon RS60 remote shutter controller to work with my A570 IS. How do you wire the battery supply to the controller? I am going from 3.5mm to USB mini B. What wires are what ??(i.e.- the four color coded wires in the USB cable, red to tip, white to mid ring and black to sleeve- is this even close to right???)
I am racking my poor brain here trying to figure this out. Right now where I stand is I have a 4 point USB mini cable cut with a green, white, red and black wires hanging out. Those I want to attach to a female 3.5mm jack. Where goes to what?
 Then, I have a battery pack(3 LR41's rated at 1.5v each) that came from a LED flashlight that was in a cigarette lighter. I would like to attach the 3 LR41's to the RS60 though I am uncertain as to how I would wire it properly since the RS60 is a 2 stage button. Half way press and auto focus, full press shutter release, then lock if long exposure/continuous mode. The shield wire is soldered to the first contact(the one the button is attached to.) Then, there is a red wire soldered to the second contact plate and finally a white wire soldered to the third contact plate. I am just plain tired(working on this all darn day) and my brain is not working that well. I am very eager to get this to work right. I just need some expertise.
I noticed that some of you got the remote aspect to the A570 IS working. I have Fingalo's allbest-a570-101a version 42. If someone could please provide a wiring diagram for the pretty much the whole kit and kaboodle it would be MORE than appreciated.
I DO know how to enable the remote feature within the script menu.
Thank you.

Scott
« Last Edit: 09 / April / 2008, 06:07:07 by photoscott »

« Reply #29 on: 09 / April / 2008, 09:07:59 »
I am curious how to wire my Canon RS60 remote shutter controller to work with my A570 IS.

With 'StereoData Maker' we have a far nicer solution, in my opinion.

We use a Ricoh CA-1 switch that uses a single 1.5V battery but generates 5V pulses.
You turn on the camera, half-press to focus and fully-press and release to shoot.

That is it, no scripts !

It even works with video.

It automatically detects an ordinary USB switch.

In that case, press on/off to focus and press on/off to shoot (again without a script).

The official SDM 1.60 release will be in two weeks but you can test with A570 right now  :-

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/ca1.htm

David