Dead Wiki links? - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum  

Dead Wiki links?

• 6 Replies

Offline Rut

Dead Wiki links?
« on: 11 / August / 2013, 11:42:53 »
Advertisements
Hi!
So i follow CHDK Wiki in order to fix bad pixels in my S5 IS, but download links from here:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Badpixel_removal
seems to be dead (that from Google's Disc; i also saw some at author's russian page, but can't understand even a single word in russian ;p ).
Could someone support me with working links? I need 'show_bad' script to create 'badpixel' file (file without extension).
Thanks for spending your time reading this. (:

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Dead Wiki links?
« Reply #1 on: 11 / August / 2013, 12:43:06 »
You can find modified versions in C source code here. The sources may need slight modification depending on your cam's sensor dimensions. And of course you need a C compiler for your OS.

edit:
You can get the original files too: http://ewavr.nm.ru/chdk/

edit2:
Wiki page fixed.
« Last Edit: 11 / August / 2013, 12:54:56 by srsa_4c »

Offline Rut

« Reply #2 on: 11 / August / 2013, 17:24:40 »
Thx!

Already made all steps to enable removing bad pixels function, but somehow it doesn't work for me. I hope it's not wrong section to continue asking about it? ^

So, i made badpixel and badpixel.bin files, put it in CHDK root directory, enabled 'badpixel removal func' in RAW menu, set it at 'Average', i ticked 'RAW format' above in same menu, unticked 'DNG format'... shouldn't it work already? What else do i have to do?

And i'm not sure if i made badpixel file in proper way, i used show_bad script with JPG full black photo in same folder, and wrote:
C:\Users\Rut\Desktop\showbad>showbad raw_file.CRW 128 > badpixel
in console, is it OK? Is 128 right parameter here? ^

« Reply #3 on: 11 / August / 2013, 21:03:24 »
So, i made badpixel and badpixel.bin files, put it in CHDK root directory, enabled 'badpixel removal func' in RAW menu, set it at 'Average', i ticked 'RAW format' above in same menu, unticked 'DNG format'... shouldn't it work already? What else do i have to do?
How did you make a badpixel.bin file?  That's something done with the CHDK menu now - any other method is obsolete. 

And i'm not sure if i made badpixel file in proper way, i used show_bad script with JPG full black photo in same folder, and wrote:
C:\Users\Rut\Desktop\showbad>showbad raw_file.CRW 128 > badpixel
in console, is it OK? Is 128 right parameter here? ^
I assume you meant to say you uses a RAW full black photo ?  JPG won't work with the bad_pixel_b program.

As luck would have it, the S5is sensor size is covered by the program. 

But I think 128 is for 12 bit sensors - for 10 bit like your S5is,  the code seem to expect 30.

So what are you seeing that tells you it isn't working ?  If you attach your badpixel file I can check its format for you?
« Last Edit: 11 / August / 2013, 21:06:40 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline Rut

« Reply #4 on: 12 / August / 2013, 05:45:04 »
How did you make a badpixel.bin file?  That's something done with the CHDK menu now - any other method is obsolete. 

I made it exactly that way. :)

I assume you meant to say you uses a RAW full black photo ?  JPG won't work with the bad_pixel_b program.

As luck would have it, the S5is sensor size is covered by the program. 

But I think 128 is for 12 bit sensors - for 10 bit like your S5is,  the code seem to expect 30.

So what are you seeing that tells you it isn't working ?  If you attach your badpixel file I can check its format for you?

Hmm, before, i used JPG photo with show_bad (not: show_bad_b) program, and it didn't work. Just right now i made new RAW photo, created badpixel with show_bad_b and parameter=30, but still it gives no effect. :(

I attach badpixel which i took 'just right now' and a photo... maybe with a photo You could create for me proper badpixel file?

Or maybe i did something else wrong, i got no more ideas.  :blink:

« Reply #5 on: 12 / August / 2013, 10:28:26 »
Hmm, before, i used JPG photo with show_bad (not: show_bad_b) program, and it didn't work.
That's what I tried to tell you above.  Both programs need a RAW image - not a JPG!

Just right now i made new RAW photo, created badpixel with show_bad_b and parameter=30, but still it gives no effect. :(
If you open your badpixel file with a text editor,  you will see there is only a simple three word message in there - no bad pixel data at all.  The message is :

file not exist

which tells you the program could not find the raw image file you specified in the command line.

You need to have the raw image in the same directory as the bad_pixel_b program when you run it.  Then type

show_bad_b raw_file.crw 30

or
    show_bad raw_file.crw 30 > badpixel

I attach badpixel which i took 'just right now' and a photo... may be with a photo You could create for me proper badpixel file?
You attached a JPG - which as I mentioned above, isn't going to help.

Try again with the image in the same directory - and check the result with a text editor.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline Rut

« Reply #6 on: 12 / August / 2013, 13:24:45 »
Thanks to You, Waterwingz!

Finally i made it working. ;D

Well, You opened my eyes, after i read one of Wiki articles i totally thought that JPG can still be a RAW file (someone wrote there something about file types and files extensions and it totally messed in my mind).
:)

Thx again, EOT.