SD 800IS Port - ixus850_sd800 100e - beta 2 available - page 6 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

SD 800IS Port - ixus850_sd800 100e - beta 2 available

• 54 Replies

Offline ahull

Re: SD 800IS Port - ixus850_sd800 100e - beta 2 available
« Reply #50 on: 02 / November / 2013, 15:20:29 »
Advertisements
Interesting, http://www.filedropper.com/ixus850sd800-100e-130-3194-full locks up the camera (requiring me to remove the battery) when I connect using chdkptp, otherwise it seems to work OK.

It locks up at the moment I hit connect, and I see"ERROR: failed" on the chdkptp console.
ROMLOG.LOG attached.
The log indicates a "data abort" exception in CHDK code. A core/main.bin.dump of the binary could provide further details.

OK How do I set about getting a "core/main.bin.dump of the binary"?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #51 on: 02 / November / 2013, 16:15:33 »
OK How do I set about getting a "core/main.bin.dump of the binary"?
If you compile your own build, look for that .dump file and keep it if you plan to crash the camera with the resulting diskboot.bin . If you got your shared zip from the autobuild, then getting a usable disassembly is too much trouble (at least for me).

Offline ahull

« Reply #52 on: 03 / November / 2013, 14:47:11 »
@nafraf ... after a short wrestling match with SVN merge (I won :P ) , I have built with your latest changes, and it loads a whole lot cleaner. We now have a usable live view, and I can swap back and forth between [REC] and [PLAY] 
I think we may still have an issue with the image height, the bottom few lines of the image are not right.

... and in some of the other shoot modes (stitch assist for example), we still don't have the correct live view width.

This may be related to the list of modes being not quite correct. I'll take a look through that tomorrow when I get a chance.
All in all, though a step in the right direction.
« Last Edit: 03 / November / 2013, 14:53:42 by ahull »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #53 on: 03 / November / 2013, 14:55:15 »
@nafraf ... after a short wrestling match with SVN merge (I won :P ) , I have built with your latest changes, and it loads a whole lot cleaner. We now have a usable live view, and I can swap back and forth between [REC] and [PLAY] 
I think we may still have an issue with the image height, the bottom few lines of the image are not right.
I think sx110 has a viewport height of 216 in rec mode. IIRC it is correctly reported by _GetVRAMVPixelsSize though.

... and in some of the other shoot modes (stitch assist for example), we still don't have the correct live view width.
Stitch modes require quite a bit of code to position the window correctly, while this is implemented for some cameras but probably not really worth it since you can't see the previous stitch image anyway.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline ahull

« Reply #54 on: 06 / November / 2013, 08:13:34 »
@nafraf Some improvements. Live view is better (now a small black band at the bottom, rather than "sparklies"). I think we have that licked. I see the full image however (that screwdriver in the bottom of the picture is in the correct place and fully displayed)

When I first connect, I have been seeing this... and a bunch of blank popup boxes (resolved by going to REC mode). Not sure if this is a chdkptp glitch or a porting issue.

Code: [Select]
live timer update error
/home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:458: failed to create image
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'get_viewport_pimg'
    /home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:458: in function 'action'
    /home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:403: in function </home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:383>
    [C]: in function 'xpcall'
    /home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:424: in function </home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:422>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: in function 'MainLoop'
    /home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui.lua:630: in function </home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui.lua:616>
    /home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/main.lua:231: in main chunk
    [C]: in function 'require'
    [string "require('main')"]:1: in main chunklive timer update error
stack traceback:
    /home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:403: in function </home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:383>
    /home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:424: in function </home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui_live.lua:422>
    [C]: in function 'Popup'
    [string "dialog.lua"]:32: in function 'popup'
    [string "iuplua.lua"]:289: in function <[string "iuplua.lua"]:279>
    /home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui.lua:630: in function </home/ahull/PersonalApps/chdk-ptp/lua/gui.lua:616>
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
    [string "require('main')"]:1: in main chunk

.. and we still see a few wrong video modes, sometimes with a split screen. All Shoot modes now select correctly from the drop down menu.

« Last Edit: 06 / November / 2013, 08:15:26 by ahull »