CHDK on ELPH 310HS - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

CHDK on ELPH 310HS

• 13 Replies
CHDK on ELPH 310HS
« on: 17 / January / 2013, 15:50:22 »
Advertisements
For the life of me can't get this to work.

Downloaded the correct CHDK for firmware 100a - Proceeded to install but have no option to update firmware on my camera -

I've tried everything I can including creating a bootable card - no avail.

Any thoughts or something maybe I've overlooked?

Thanks!

Offline zeno

Re: CHDK on ELPH 310HS
« Reply #1 on: 17 / January / 2013, 17:56:11 »
Try my STICK app - it's designed to be simple and trouble-free way of installing CHDK. See http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/stick/stick.html
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 17 / January / 2013, 19:29:14 »
Downloaded the correct CHDK for firmware 100a - Proceeded to install but have no option to update firmware on my camera 
Can you verify that there is a file called PS.FI2 in the root directory of your SD card ?

Did you start your camera by pressing the "Playback" button - not the "On/Off" switch ?

Did you go straight to the Canon menu and scroll down to the bottom of the first menu ?

Are you using a Mac ?  If so, take a look at this : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac#Still_Having_Trouble.3F
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #3 on: 17 / January / 2013, 19:48:41 »
@ zeno - stick won't work for me as I'm on a mac - can't get it to run properly -

@waterwingz - Should I upload the unarchived file folder to the root or just the files inside? If I'm dragging the file folder, the ps.fi2 isn't in the root directory -

I guess I'll ask that before proceeding - earlier I did try the mac terminal fix but read this also on the wiki "as of 10.5.4 it doesn't appear to add an extended attribute to it anymore anyway" - which leads me to believe this is no longer necessary on Lion or newer OSX

« Reply #4 on: 17 / January / 2013, 20:01:29 »
@waterwingz - Should I upload the unarchived file folder to the root or just the files inside? If I'm dragging the file folder, the ps.fi2 isn't in the root directory -
You need to extract all the files from the distribution zip file and copy them to your SD card - preserving the folder structure while you do.

« Reply #5 on: 17 / January / 2013, 22:07:04 »
When I extract from the zip file, I get a single folder with all of the file inside. Am to to copy those files to the root or just stick the master folder in to the root? - Sorry, I'm more computer literate than this... usually. ;)

« Reply #6 on: 17 / January / 2013, 22:34:32 »
When I extract from the zip file, I get a single folder with all of the file inside. Am to to copy those files to the root or just stick the master folder in to the root?
The root of your SD card should contain the following files :

DISKBOOT.BIN
PS.FI2
changelog.txt
vers.req
readme.txt

and there should be a folder called

CHDK

containing 11 subfolders underneath it with a file called syscurves.CVF

« Last Edit: 17 / January / 2013, 22:36:36 by waterwingz »

« Reply #7 on: 17 / January / 2013, 23:17:10 »
Yup - that's what I did -

I press play on the cam - head into menu and out of the two main menus there is not an option to format. I pinged Graeme who looks to have the same camera. Still for the life of me not knowing what could be the issue. User error, I'll guess. :)

« Reply #8 on: 17 / January / 2013, 23:29:56 »
I press play on the cam - head into menu and out of the two main menus there is not an option to format.
Why are you looking for an option to format???  You are supposed to be looking for a menu option that says "Firmware Update".

« Reply #9 on: 17 / January / 2013, 23:31:04 »
Yes - I meant firmware update - nothing of that nature. Sorry for the boo boo.