CHDK do not load - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK do not load

• 9 Replies
CHDK do not load
« on: 06 / April / 2008, 21:00:15 »
Advertisements
Hi guys,

I downloaded the following
allbest-s3is-100a-50
allbest-s3is-100a-49
allbest-s3is-100a-42
SDM-Chdk

I tried all individually

None of them loaded on my S3IS. I obviously have 1.00A firmware
I locked my SD card, I added the english file, the ver.req file works well.

Here's what i do: Format SD card to std FAT, copy files to SD, insert locked SD, choose playback, press menu.
Original menu show up.

What am I doing wrong.  :-[ >:(

Offline carlos

• A640
Re: CHDK do not load
« Reply #1 on: 06 / April / 2008, 21:29:59 »
ohno.

You're not following procedure! One thing; you're locking your card too early.

Read FAQ - CHDK Wiki @ Q. How do I manually load CHDK so I can use it?

Read other important stuff on that page ... take it step-by-step!

Enjoy CHDK!

carlos

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #2 on: 07 / April / 2008, 10:03:54 »
In a bit shorter: One step you left out: bootable.exe (make card bootable, unless you always use firm-update menu.)

Offline carlos

• A640
« Reply #3 on: 07 / April / 2008, 10:55:05 »
jetz,

The step "make card bootable" comes after CHDK is on the camera.

bootable.exe is not needed in this case.

See the wiki FAQ.

carlos

« Reply #4 on: 07 / April / 2008, 20:15:20 »
You are right I did lock it too quickly but that was after doing it unlocked.

I retried today and nothing worked. I read the whole section of the wiki. As of now, I tried all distrib available. Is it possible that it doesnt work ???

Offline carlos

• A640
« Reply #5 on: 07 / April / 2008, 21:52:23 »
Are you extracting the zipped files before loading them on the card? May seem a stupid question but ... first things first!

To avoid possible confusion, format the card in camera if you're not confident of what you're doing.

Are you sure to load the (unzipped) DISKBOOT and PS files to the root of the card? That's directly to where you see the drive letter. (Like J:, K:)

You will not be locking the card until after you have CHDK on camera and you are able to get the CHDK menu up.

It's hardly likely that CHDK won't work on your camera if you follow the steps carefully.

If you'd like to start with a less complex build I suggest you go to GrAnd's build @ Downloads - CHDK Wiki. There you can get used to the way CHDK runs on camera without too many distracting functions. The latest Allbest will then seem easier to use when you are practiced and ready. 

I'm just giving you what I needed to get going. Although I'm +90% in the dark I have CKDK up and running happily. I use RAW, Zebra, DOF Calculator, Bracketing, Remote Cable, Intervalometer, and Motion Detect - don't need much else - like to keep things simple.

Persevere!  ;)

carlos

« Reply #6 on: 10 / April / 2008, 07:35:38 »
Umm, I don't see where you say you're entering ALT-mode before pressing the menu button. Is that the problem?

Offline carlos

• A640
« Reply #7 on: 10 / April / 2008, 11:24:11 »
He can press whatever, forever, but until CHDK is on the camera he'll never enter <ALT>! 

« Reply #8 on: 11 / April / 2008, 16:43:04 »
Thanks for all the replies but it doesn't work. I even tried the bootable.exe file available even if i've been told it was not needed.

I found this post too with somebody having a hard time loading it. My card is a simple Sandisk 2gig

« Reply #9 on: 11 / April / 2008, 17:29:50 »
Here's what i do: Format SD card to std FAT, copy files to SD, insert locked SD, choose playback, press menu.
Original menu show up.

Assuming card is not locked, you will see the normal menu but on scrolling down you should see 'firmware update'.

Do you ?

Is PS.FIR on your card.

David