Offline Ant

Re: EOS M3 porting
« Reply #40 on: 10 / October / 2015, 03:20:58 »
Advertisements
Which function do you need ?
« Last Edit: 10 / October / 2015, 04:58:19 by Ant »

« Reply #41 on: 10 / October / 2015, 05:10:54 »
I'm not sure I see it on that list but maybe I am just not recognizing it. It's not a thing that affect the image taken, it's a thing that affects the image on the screen while you are just viewing through the lens.

In manual mode, if you are on, for instance, f/6, ISO 100 and 1/200 in a regularly lit room, the screen will go completely dark, just as it would if you snapped a picture at those settings. What it isn't accounting for is that I have a manual flash attached so the image I take will be properly exposed. But the "preview" image is completely dark, trying to show me what it thinks my picture will look like.

If you pop up the built in flash or attach a canon flash to the hot shoe, it will turn Exposure Simulation off. But with all my manual flash equipment, the camera doesn't bother for some reason. Some of canon's DSLRs have an option to disable it, and ML was able to disable it on the eos-M.

They don't seem to call it exposure simulation anymore on the M3, it's like an undocumented feature. I'm not really familiar with CHDK so I can't really say if there's a similar setting to compare it to. But if you could help me figure it out I would really appreciate it.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #42 on: 10 / October / 2015, 09:06:59 »
But the "preview" image is completely dark, trying to show me what it thinks my picture will look like.
If the preview is usable in, say, P mode, one could use CHDK exposure overrides.

However, the port is still very much in early development phase and exposure overrides are (AFAIK) not implemented yet (since this isn't a point&shoot camera, the underlying firmware routines can be quite different, making porting more difficult).

This page leads me to believe that the camera is capable of running uncompiled scripts right off the card, is that true? Is that good news for my goal?
No, Canon's scripting is only meant to be used for testing and debugging purposes. Normal camera operation can't be influenced from there.

« Reply #43 on: 10 / October / 2015, 09:36:44 »
I'm not really familiar with CHDK so I can't really say if there's a similar setting to compare it to.
There is no setting like this in CHDK.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #44 on: 11 / October / 2015, 18:52:46 »
Thanks guys, I found a workaround by using an ETTL remote trigger, as annoying as it is to have to spend $75 to fix this.

I'll just be patient and watch the development here.

« Reply #45 on: 24 / November / 2015, 08:32:08 »
Hello,
does the video parameters>video mode>Quality
and "Video quality" setting
work in the current development mode of CHDK for M3?
If yes, I would like to test it in my M3 and probably provide any feedback needed.
Please inform me.

Offline Ant

« Reply #46 on: 24 / November / 2015, 16:01:34 »
Hello,

Not yet. Because M3 has different PropCase set...

« Reply #47 on: 25 / November / 2015, 04:51:12 »
Hello,

Thank you Ant. I will be waiting for the development.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #48 on: 25 / November / 2015, 13:06:51 »
Video compression overrides would not normally be affected by propset, they are done in MovieRecord task. However, the old methods don't work correctly on many recent cams, so it would be unsurprising if this cam needed different code.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #49 on: 29 / March / 2016, 18:18:34 »
Hi,

is there any progress with the porting of CHDK to the EOS M3?
I have one and I would need the advanced bracketing very much.
I'd like to take 5-6-7 photos with 2 EV difference in shutter.
Do you have any idea how can I help or when would a usable beta be available?

best regards
Csaba