Problem with Allbest #37 and S3 USB auto detect - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Problem with Allbest #37 and S3 USB auto detect

• 13 Replies

Offline zeno

Re: Problem with Allbest #37 and S3 USB auto detect
« Reply #10 on: 31 / March / 2008, 10:13:45 »
Advertisements
Databoy - maybe I'm missing something, but when a script is running, pressing the shutter button stops it. At that point the Alt button is no longer locked and you can make whatever changes you like, including turning autostart off or switching to another script.

When you then switch the camera off and on again the script will run again (with whatever changes you last made to the script). Isn't that pretty much what you want?
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #11 on: 31 / March / 2008, 10:32:13 »
Is there a simple routine I can add to the end of an existing script to tell that script to terminate and not load up automatically on the next wakeup?

This brings me as idea. Or two:
Change the autostart-menu item options from selected/not to off/on/once.
Of course also ubasic commands could be added for getting & setting the autostart-variable. (I guess current (set/)get_autostart only indicate if script was autostarted. Rename them to set/get_autostarted?)
Would these be of any help? I could (try) to add these to my next build... (maybe this week)

databoy

« Reply #12 on: 31 / March / 2008, 11:58:14 »
Thanks Zeno; I tried your suggestion before I posted but the S3 was still locked. I just could not find any way of unlocking the ALT feature. I have erased the build and reloaded another copy of Albest 37. Maybe I could have a bad burn. It is midnight in my region. Time to go to bed and try again in the morning.

Interesting enough with the old burn without the scripts loaded, the message was press the shutter. Once I wiped the scripts the message was the same; pressing the shutter would clear the message and get me into the ALT mode. It was only when I loaded the script with autostart that the freeze happened. I could shoot and use the camera only ALT feature would be locked on startup. Pressing the shutter made no difference. Weird.

I will load a script and try it; I will post my results. Thanks Guys.
« Last Edit: 31 / March / 2008, 12:00:14 by databoy »

databoy

« Reply #13 on: 31 / March / 2008, 23:05:58 »
It looks like I have either a bad download or a bad copy. I reloaded the sdram; all is well. I can press the shutter and reset the script.

It is interesting that the S3 shutter is more responsive when shooting photos. I am not a programmer and would not know where to look. Could there be a residual bug in the program? Or maybe the S3 hardware has slack timing tolerances that in some cases a residual glitch can occur.

I am not criticising the programmers. It takes intelligence to reverse engineer and exploit hardware which manufacturer's refuse to document. I have seen it in WinXP and various computers I have repaired. I can only assume that a small percentage of S3 hardware may react the same way.       
« Last Edit: 01 / April / 2008, 00:04:50 by databoy »