S100 porting thread - page 17 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

S100 porting thread

• 286 Replies
Re: S100 porting thread
« Reply #160 on: 29 / July / 2012, 09:07:36 »
Advertisements
Is there any other trick I am not aware of?
A couple of things to try :

1) Did the camera format the card as FAT32 or exFAT ? It has to be FAT32 for it to boot.

2) Here is a posting about problems with EOScard : CHDK Forum : can't get CHDK to work on my new S100
Did it look like the first or second screenshot here when you used it : EOScard .  It needs to be the second at 0x1E0.

3) Are you using a Mac ?  If so, read this carefully : Problems loading CHKD on SD cards with a Mac computer

Lots of good information here :
link> Prepare Your SD Card
« Last Edit: 29 / July / 2012, 09:16:08 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #161 on: 10 / August / 2012, 01:23:26 »
101a test build with  #define CAM_KEY_CLICK_DELAY             150
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #162 on: 10 / August / 2012, 01:51:54 »
#define CAM_KEY_CLICK_DELAY             10

Offline reyalp

« Reply #163 on: 10 / August / 2012, 02:34:37 »
Testing by user nbdi on IRC has confirmed this is required for the click script function to work correctly. I've checked the 10ms version into the trunk and release branches.

peekay1977

« Reply #164 on: 27 / August / 2012, 15:40:13 »
Thanx guys.....this works great ;)

« Reply #165 on: 04 / September / 2012, 01:35:44 »
Please guys, look at this curiosity, too. chdk do not abite by custom auto iso when creating a dng-file. Is this a S100-problem or in general?
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8617.msg90303#msg90303

« Reply #166 on: 15 / September / 2012, 11:41:04 »
Hello!

It seems like the 'ring func' button is completely ignored on the S100 by chdk.

I would like to be able to press it from my lua script to shut off the display. The S100 standard menu's let me resign that functionality much like with the S95 did with the print button.

I looked in the kbd.c and it is not in the keymap.

I tried using the memory browser to look at physw_status (0x000386bc), and the reading was 0xFFBFF... when I pressed the ring func button it switched ti 0xFFBFE ... does that mean in keymap the ring func should be 0x00000001 ? Was this the right way to find it?

When referring to getting the keys working, the porting guide says: "To figure out which bit is what, one can use the debug On-Screen Display (OSD) of CHDK." I have not been able to find they particular debug screen (only the props and the params) ... or at least I am not sure how to use those for this purpose. Maybe I am supposed to modify gui_draw_debug_vals_osd() to display the values I need?

I think it will also need a new 'keyname' in core/script.c ... or should I just use erase since there is a little blue trashcan next to it? Or would that be a problem too since that may be assigned to 'raw toggle'.

I'm not quite brave enough yet to put my own complied version on the camera yet.

Thanks!

M.

« Reply #167 on: 15 / September / 2012, 12:07:31 »
I tried using the memory browser to look at physw_status (0x000386bc), and the reading was 0xFFBFF... when I pressed the ring func button it switched ti 0xFFBFE ... does that mean in keymap the ring func should be 0x00000001 ?
Yes
Was this the right way to find it?
Yes

I think it will also need a new 'keyname' in core/script.c ... or should I just use erase since there is a little blue trashcan next to it? Or would that be a problem too since that may be assigned to 'raw toggle'.
Use KEY_ERASE - that's what the button does.   Curiously,  the platform_camera.h file for the S100 has

Code: [Select]
    #undef  CAM_HAS_ERASE_BUTTON
so I believe the shortcuts will not use that button anyway.

I'm not quite brave enough yet to put my own complied version on the camera yet.
The risk is low as you are starting with working code.  But the S100 is an expensive P&S camera so I can understand your caution.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #168 on: 15 / September / 2012, 18:12:13 »
Use KEY_ERASE - that's what the button does.   Curiously,  the platform_camera.h file for the S100 has

Code: [Select]
so I believe the shortcuts will not use that button anyway.

Cool. Thanks!

I got the compiler from the A2200 porting thread and everything compiled and the new image is working. The ring func/erase is not quite working though.

I used the stable build and I just added the one definition of erase to keymap in kbd.c as described above.

I ran a button test script from the wiki (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/Scripts:_Button_test) and when I press the ring func button, the
output from the button test script does print erase, but the command that the camera maps to the rung func button also activates. I tried a couple functions... assigning ISO or white balance function to the button makes those functions activate and popup behind the OSD. If I assign screen off, the screen turns on... when I turn it back on, I see that the erase button was pushed twice, as expected.

What is interesting is that in the button test script none of the other buttons actually activate any features they would normally activate, for instance 'menu' and 'video'.

I also made a lua script that just does click "erase". It does not activate the screen sleep or any of the functions I map to the ring func button using the standard camera menus. Maybe it needs some sleeping in there?

I think something is missing... I'll keep looking. Anyone have any suggestions where to look?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #169 on: 15 / September / 2012, 18:53:37 »
I think something is missing... I'll keep looking. Anyone have any suggestions where to look?
After you added the new button definition, you need to add the newly found bit to the respective KEYS_MASKn #define at the top of platform/s100/kbd.c. In your case it's probably KEYS_MASK0? Since the camera now has an erase button, you can remove
from platform_camera.h

If your modifications work well, you can submit a patch to include them in the official CHDK source.
« Last Edit: 15 / September / 2012, 19:19:28 by srsa_4c »