Combine remote button and bracketing scripts? - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Combine remote button and bracketing scripts?

• 2 Replies

Offline carlos

• A640
Combine remote button and bracketing scripts?
« on: 26 / November / 2007, 13:59:39 »
Advertisements
This forum is a great addition to CHDK! Thanks to those responsible for this and all CHDK developments. I happened, with no knowledge of CHDK's existence, to purchase an A640 and immediately missed auto-exposure bracketing. Lo and behold - I found CHDK! What luck!

Just one feature request; is there any chance to have the remote button trigger auto-bracketing?

I just installed the remote script by a710 and GrAnd ... video, etc. by remote! Praise and thanks to them!

Now we have the camera covered for remote triggering for all shooting except with CHDK scripts. Am I right? Any hope to get beyond this? I have zero understanding of programming, so cannot see the possibility/impossiblity.

CHDK is an indispensable free gift (if you're lucky enough to own a covered PowerShot) ... thanks again to all involved!

CHDK puts the power in PowerShot!

Offline carlos

• A640
Re: Combine remote button and bracketing scripts?
« Reply #1 on: 27 / November / 2007, 14:26:27 »
Thanks for replying, Woodsman.

Well, "there's many ways that one can go about it," is true I'm sure if one is not totally lost in this situation. Lost, even with the help you are kind enough to offer. Like a traveler with a map and no idea how to use it.

It's encouraging to know that the USB remote may be used with other scripts. My level of ignorance led me to suppose that scripts were self contained and wonder if they could be combined. You've shown me the possibility. Thank you!

No doubt you are skilled in programming/scripting but my brain lacks the necessary equipment to even begin understanding your, to you simple, instructions or the Scripting Tutorial. I'm simply out of my depth! I saw that CHDK was available and hesitated to install it for some weeks. Even though the steps were simple this brain said; "Be careful ... complex ! I had no idea of what it all meant, I just put it on my SD card in blissful ignorance!

So, I'll say no more! Perhaps you, or another kind person who may read this, will help me further? If so I would be truly grateful. It must be so easy for some! (Sobbing, beats head on desk!)

Again, thanks for enlightening me.

(Glad you like the kitschy slogan - your rendition is excellent!)

Offline carlos

• A640
Re: Combine remote button and bracketing scripts?
« Reply #2 on: 28 / November / 2007, 12:07:13 »