Canon Powershot SX280Hs / SX700HS capture stills while recording video - General Chat - CHDK Forum

Canon Powershot SX280Hs / SX700HS capture stills while recording video

• 3 Replies
Advertisements
I had an  Powershot s3is. 1 feature i loved is the ability to capture full resolution stills while recording video. I understand that it not possible in Canon Sx280Hs or with the recent SX700Hs. Can this be enabled via CHDK?

I absolutely loved my s3 is.. please advise what is the current generation successor to S3 IS. I need a perfect replacement.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
CHDK is at the moment not available for DIGIC 6 cameras like the SX270/280.

See also http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11266.0

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline srsa_4c

I had an  Powershot s3is. 1 feature i loved is the ability to capture full resolution stills while recording video.
Can this be enabled via CHDK?
If the original firmware has no support for this, enabling it is practically impossible (and it isn't done in any CHDK ports).
I absolutely loved my s3 is.. please advise what is the current generation successor to S3 IS. I need a perfect replacement.
Cams that look similar are the SXxx and SX5xx series cameras. Unfortunately, all of them are ultrazoom (30+) and their lens is "slower" in terms of maximum aperture.

Why did canon drop the ability to capture full resolution stills while recording video.. They were awesome. I think canon's  travel superzoom flagship is SX700HS which doesnt have this.. 

I need a ""pocketable superzoom"" that take great low light  / night pics from canon. Not really ready for DSLR. Please advise one. The feature of taking photo while recording video would be great. I am planning to buy this month...