Converting an .lvdump to a normal image format? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Converting an .lvdump to a normal image format?

• 2 Replies
Converting an .lvdump to a normal image format?
« on: 11 / September / 2023, 23:06:55 »
Advertisements
Is there a way to convert .lvdump files to normal image formats? Maybe even a way to batch convert a whole package of them? Thanks.

Offline reyalp

Re: Converting an .lvdump to a normal image format?
« Reply #1 on: 12 / September / 2023, 16:51:42 »
Is there a way to convert .lvdump files to normal image formats? Maybe even a way to batch convert a whole package of them? Thanks.
If you use current version of chdkptp from SVN (r1005 or later) , the lvdumpimg command can use an lvdump file as input, and output netpbm images or pipe to a program like imagemagick to output other formats. Use help lvdumpimg for details. USAGE.TXT also includes some examples of converting images.

However, this is not included in the most recent binary release, so you must build from source. I've been meaning to do another release, so maybe I'll get around to that soon  :-[
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: Converting an .lvdump to a normal image format?
« Reply #2 on: 12 / September / 2023, 19:42:26 »
If you use current version of chdkptp from SVN (r1005 or later) , the lvdumpimg command can use an lvdump file as input, and output netpbm images or pipe to a program like imagemagick to output other formats. Use help lvdumpimg for details. USAGE.TXT also includes some examples of converting images.

However, this is not included in the most recent binary release, so you must build from source. I've been meaning to do another release, so maybe I'll get around to that soon  :-[

Ah, okay, that explains why chdkptp wasn't accepting my command. Thanks. :)