Problems with color when importing a .dng into photoshop cs3 - page 8 - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum

Problems with color when importing a .dng into photoshop cs3

• 71 Replies

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
Re: Problems with color when importing a .dng into photoshop cs3
« Reply #70 on: 04 / May / 2009, 05:36:12 »
Advertisements
the noise is awful (even at ISO 80 noise is quite noticable compared to the JPGs).

Yes, that's because JPGs have been denoised by the camera. CHDK's RAW files have to be developed by you: white balance, noise reduction, sharpening...

Re: Problems with color when importing a .dng into photoshop cs3
« Reply #71 on: 04 / May / 2009, 16:25:26 »
the noise is awful (even at ISO 80 noise is quite noticable compared to the JPGs).

Yes, that's because JPGs have been denoised by the camera. CHDK's RAW files have to be developed by you: white balance, noise reduction, sharpening...

Oh right, i get that now. The DNG files are also less sharp than the associated jpegs, so i guess i'll have to work on my post-processing skills. Is this the same for the colour? Reds in particular seem to be almost luminous and pop out. Is this also something that usually has to be fixed when developing or can it be addressed somewhere else? I can't seem to produce a working OS X build of dng4ps and the binary made available by Spebbe doesn't have settings for the A590. P.S- Can anybody recommend a good free noise-reduction utility for the mac?

Many Thanks.