Adobe camera & lens profiles - page 2 - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Adobe camera & lens profiles

• 14 Replies

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
Re: Adobe camera & lens profiles
« Reply #10 on: 29 / October / 2016, 14:01:45 »
Advertisements
Hi, does anyone know if PS A3100IS lenses are equivalent to any of the models mentioned above?
I'm looking for its lens profile.
Thanks

EDIT: If I'm going to compare the lens specs to others, what would I'll be looking for? Same focal length? Same max aperture? Both?
Hi glapido !
You can make your own lens profile, it is not very complicated.
Download Adobe Lens Profile Creator from this link.
In the folder 'calibration charts' find' Landscape ISO_A4 - 08.30 In x 11.70 In (Square Print Dimension 54 Pts, Version 7 x 13) file and open it with your PDF viewer in full screen mode.
Make nine images as shown in the accompanying figure that has been added to this post.
Repeat this procedure several times at different focal lengths.
Use the camera in P mode and be sure to select ISO 100, the higher ISO value can confuse the application.
Do not forget that you need to save DNG files. Enable it in chdk menu.
When you have stored all DNG files on the SD card, download them to your computer.
Open the files one by one in the Camera RAW application, set the proper white balance, and then save the files still in the DNG format.
In the folder 'documentation' find file 'AdobeLensProfileCreatorUserGuide.pdf', there is described step by step how to continue to use the Lens Profile Creator.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #11 on: 29 / October / 2016, 14:17:20 »
Here is a lens profile for sx410is.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #12 on: 21 / February / 2017, 14:53:23 »
Here is a lens profile for sx520hs.
Thanking to Garrett who is donated the images needed to create profile.
« Last Edit: 21 / February / 2017, 15:00:14 by blackhole »

« Reply #13 on: 30 / July / 2018, 02:17:03 »
This doesn't look too complicated at all. Do you know if I can make it work the same with Hugin's lens caliberation? I'm running linux and as Hugin is native, it would be easier.

Another thought was to somehow calibrate based on the jpeg that is saved along side the DNG. It seems that the jpeg is corrected by the original firmware and it seems that there must be an easy way to calibrate the DNG based on the corrected jpeg (I've tried asking in the lensfun mailing list, but still haven't got an answer).

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #14 on: 30 / July / 2018, 03:29:46 »
This doesn't look too complicated at all. Do you know if I can make it work the same with Hugin's lens caliberation? I'm running linux and as Hugin is native, it would be easier.
I'm sorry but I do not know, I'm just superficially acquainted with Hugin app.
Adobe's lens profile works with RawTherapee app, that is available for Linux machines.
Another thought was to somehow calibrate based on the jpeg that is saved along side the DNG. It seems that the jpeg is corrected by the original firmware and it seems that there must be an easy way to calibrate the DNG based on the corrected jpeg (I've tried asking in the lensfun mailing list, but still haven't got an answer).
I'm afraid nobody knows how to do it with chdk dng.