G9 porting progress - page 2 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

G9 porting progress

• 281 Replies

Offline uvvv

• G9
Re: G9 porting progress
« Reply #10 on: 24 / September / 2008, 03:21:45 »
Advertisements
I have test build chdk for G9 (testing only 100G) with working JogDial...  :)
see in attach file...

in this build (since 0.5.4) for sokoban  need file  - CHDK/GAMES/SOKOBAN.LEV ...
this file you can take from attach file...
or you can load it from  - /trunk/CHDK/GAMES - chdk - Trac
« Last Edit: 01 / October / 2008, 02:55:05 by uvvv »

« Reply #11 on: 24 / September / 2008, 04:50:59 »
Please bongo_bingo (or anyone else), how do I make CHDK boot on my camera!

Rekoil, read "How do I get CHDK onto my camera's SD memory card?" at http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

« Reply #12 on: 24 / September / 2008, 08:11:44 »
Hey uvvv,

Thanks so much for starting on this, looks like great work so far! I am trying to get your trunk to work on 1.00H, I copied all the files from 1.00G and changed the makefiles and added the firmware from the wiki for PRIMARY.BIN.
At first when I built it, it threw an error about the ND filter, commented out the code and think I sorted out the problem, will give details later when I get home. Then built successfully and I tried it out but the camera bricked.
I am new to this so there is probably something I didn't change for the new firmware, could you maybe have a look when you get a chance?

Thanks

« Reply #13 on: 24 / September / 2008, 11:59:58 »
Please bongo_bingo (or anyone else), how do I make CHDK boot on my camera!

Rekoil, read "How do I get CHDK onto my camera's SD memory card?" at http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
I did that, but I can't find a PS.fir in the file that was uploaded, all I found was diskboot.bin :(

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #14 on: 24 / September / 2008, 13:06:43 »
...I did that, but I can't find a PS.fir in the file that was uploaded, all I found was diskboot.bin :(
This is the only file you need !

FAQ: There's no_PS.FIR_file_in_the_CHDK_download_for_my_camera._What_do_I_do ?

Use Cardtricks, make your card bootable & copy the diskboot.bin to the cards root - that's all (use a card <= 4GB, formatted with FAT16)...

« Reply #15 on: 24 / September / 2008, 14:42:22 »
Can't use Cardtricks, mac user. Already tried cardtricks through virtual machine and it didn't work. Also tried the mac instructions for making a card bootable, that didnt work either. :(

EDIT: Got it to work using Cardtricks through Wine. Sokoban!
« Last Edit: 24 / September / 2008, 14:49:31 by Rekoil »

« Reply #16 on: 24 / September / 2008, 15:01:41 »
Ok i have downloaded the file in your post uvvv and its it loads fine.

Turning the mode for auto manual etc causes it to crash

And im unable to use the jog dial.

Im all set up with an enviroment now and keen to start help. is there any good place to be starting to look? Unfortunatly im new to chdk and have no idea what files to start with to aid movement on this. With a bit of help i may be able to help with some areas of input.

thanks

Antony

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #17 on: 24 / September / 2008, 15:12:16 »
Can't use Cardtricks, mac user. Already tried cardtricks through virtual machine and it didn't work. Also tried the mac instructions for making a card bootable, that didnt work either. :(
Ahhh - Hi Steve, give me your apple ...

It's not so easy on a Mac, if the instructions you mentioned are this ones CHDK wikia: Bootable_SD_card#Mac, perhaps this page: Getting CHDK working on the Canon S5 IS from Mac OS X | B. Mann Consulting may help you (the S5 is also a DryOS-beased camera as the G9)...

...remember - your card
- must be <= 4GB,
- must have a single FAT16 partition,
- this partition must be marked as 'CHDK bootable' (with BOOTDISK at offset 40h in the cards boot sector), this is not the "normal" bootable-flag for hard discs...

Good luck !

« Reply #18 on: 24 / September / 2008, 15:16:42 »
Please guys, the topic is "G9 porting progress" so move the discussion about CHDK booting problems somewhere else.

Thanks.
  ;)

« Reply #19 on: 24 / September / 2008, 18:59:16 »
Hey,

A little more info on my problem.
I have attached my version of uvvv's trunk with the directories etc in it for 1.00h.
When I load it on my g9, LED_PW blinks for about half a sec. I had a look in main.c under loader and this is under a shutdown function?? does this mean anything.

On another note, when I build it using 1.00G instead I do not get the compilation error I received before and had to comment out. The error was:

Code: [Select]
../platform/g9/libplatform.a(shooting.o): In function `shooting_set_nd_filter_st
ate':
shooting.c:(.text+0x1338): undefined reference to `_PutInNdFilter'
shooting.c:(.text+0x1344): undefined reference to `_PutOutNdFilter'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So I just commented out the contents of shooting_set_nd_filter_state.
I don't understand this happens with 1.00h and not 1.00g because they have exactly the same code????

Sorry if I am being naive, I only just started playing with this...

Thanks