SD990 - page 19 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

SD990

• 206 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SD990
« Reply #180 on: 03 / September / 2010, 21:18:06 »
Advertisements
I tried this on my IXUS980 100e. unfortunately It displayed the same as previous versions. I just overwritten the databoot.bin and PS.FI2 in the root dir of sd card on top of the a full install of build 933.
If you are using a multipartition card, are you sure you got the binary on the correct partition ? Diskboot.bin goes on the small one. If you load manually with ps.fi2, it uses the one from whatever the "current" one is.

Did you test a grid ?

The only way it could look completely the same is if I built the wrong tree or something like that (this is possible!)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #181 on: 03 / September / 2010, 22:09:09 »
hey sorry if this is off topic. I have the sd990 with chdk.

I love the feature of using overrides to get really fast shutter speeds. However when I do this, I don't really know what the total exposure is going to be (unless I were carrying a separate light meter). Is there anyway to quickly find the real exposure when using overrides? (and if i'm using flash how would i do it?)

thanks again

« Reply #182 on: 04 / September / 2010, 03:51:13 »
If you are using a multipartition card, are you sure you got the binary on the correct partition ? Diskboot.bin goes on the small one. If you load manually with ps.fi2, it uses the one from whatever the "current" one is.

Did you test a grid ?

The only way it could look completely the same is if I built the wrong tree or something like that (this is possible!)

I am not using multipartition card. Actually when I tested it, grids and games were all displayed on the left half of the LCD, as well as the menu. However when I use build 933, menu is on the center of LCD.

Anyway, thank you for your hard work on this model, I know you are even not having such a camera.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #183 on: 04 / September / 2010, 17:11:15 »

« Reply #184 on: 04 / September / 2010, 21:24:18 »
oops, I missed some #defines   :-[
Sorry about that. New builds up.
http://drop.io/reyalp_chdk/asset/ixus980-sd990-100e-0-9-9-osdtest-2-zip
http://drop.io/reyalp_chdk/asset/ixus980-sd990-101b-0-9-9-osdtest-2-zip

You rocks!
Now font and grids are working. However I didn't find game option in this test drop. Not a big issue, I don't think the camera is a good game console anyway.

Thank you again.

I tried edge overlay and it works!.
But zebra is still not working. In zebra mode, all zebra info is displayed on the left half of LCD and the right half is vertical stripes.
« Last Edit: 04 / September / 2010, 21:55:39 by ppyyf »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #185 on: 04 / September / 2010, 22:18:06 »
Now font and grids are working.
Thanks for confirming. Checked in changeset 934
However I didn't find game option in this test drop. Not a big issue, I don't think the camera is a good game console anyway.
Oops, had them turned off in my makefiles. Should work OK, they did on D10.
But zebra is still not working. In zebra mode, all zebra info is displayed on the left half of LCD and the right half is vertical stripes.
Yes, fixing zebra will require additional work.

« Reply #186 on: 05 / September / 2010, 13:49:28 »
oops, I missed some #defines   :-[
Sorry about that. New builds up.
http://drop.io/reyalp_chdk/asset/ixus980-sd990-100e-0-9-9-osdtest-2-zip
http://drop.io/reyalp_chdk/asset/ixus980-sd990-101b-0-9-9-osdtest-2-zip

You rocks!
Now font and grids are working. However I didn't find game option in this test drop. Not a big issue, I don't think the camera is a good game console anyway.

Thank you again.

I tried edge overlay and it works!.

Hi is there a difference between this link and the one on the autobuild server? I am a little confused as autobuild server page says everything there is "beta". Is there another place to get other releases, or is your link the same as the autobuild server one
(ixus980_sd990-101b-0.9.9-934_BETA). There were a little bit different in file sizes. thanks

Offline reyalp

« Reply #187 on: 05 / September / 2010, 16:00:14 »
Hi is there a difference between this link and the one on the autobuild server?
Yes, the one on the link is a test build built by me, to get test feedback before I check in. The one from the autobuild server is the latest official build. Since I've checked in this change, you should use the autobuild.

I'll probably take the beta tag off when zebra is fixed.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #188 on: 05 / September / 2010, 21:08:30 »
In changeset 935 zebra should be fixed. Please let me know. You may have to adjust the thresholds to get reasonable zebra function.

« Reply #189 on: 05 / September / 2010, 21:57:56 »
reyalp, not to overwhelm you or anything, but just wondering if this feature is possible.

Writing a script to automatically trigger flash (and the picture) upon a threshold noise level (picked up through the microphone).

I'd be glad to try although I haven't coded in a while.  Could you help me out on where I should go to learn how to code scripts for the sd990?