Just received my Canon sx200 is and cannot get digital/optical zoom to work - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Just received my Canon sx200 is and cannot get digital/optical zoom to work

• 5 Replies
Advertisements
Optical zoom shows that it is enabled and from reading digital zoom needs to be set to standard which I did.  But when I press record there is no difference in video quality.

You talk about optical zoom and video quality like they are connected.  What do you understand optical zoom to do?
Canon Models - SD300, SD780, & SX210

Where the picture does not look blocky/pixelated.  The thing is, when I record with/without optical zoom enabled the picture quality does not look any different.  So I am assuming I am not doing something right.

I beleive you need to zoom out first then zoom in with the SX200 -

See the wiki page http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX200IS

To enable Optical Zoom during Video, set Digital Zoom = Standard in the Canon menu, set Enable Optical Zoom in the CHDK menu. Start recording, click zoom out lever then use optical and digital zoom as normal.

So if the lens is not moving it's not working.

Harpo
Canon Models - SD300, SD780, & SX210

ok finally got it working.  Is there any way to not have the chdk menu appear on the display screen?  Like the battery life, etc...

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
ok finally got it working.  Is there any way to not have the chdk menu appear on the display screen?  Like the battery life, etc...
You can disable the CHDK OSD in the OSD parameter menu...