Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared) - page 53 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared)

• 1679 Replies
Re: Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared)
« Reply #520 on: 13 / November / 2011, 12:04:59 »
Advertisements
Patch to add sx150is 1.00a alpha port.  Patch created based on trunk rev 1414.

sgtrum

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #521 on: 13 / November / 2011, 15:46:09 »
Patch to add sx150is 1.00a alpha port.  Patch created based on trunk rev 1414.

sgtrum

Added in changeset 1415.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #522 on: 15 / November / 2011, 05:38:58 »
While big changes are on hold, try to go on with small interface improvements.

What patch contain:
1. Forgotten change to make item#3 of  1407changeset workable
2. Text reader become default action of filemanager (before filemanager just quit)
3. We return from text reader to filemanager, instead of menu. Much easier to press Menu once more, then select text reader again and browse through directory hierarcy in case if select wrong or would like to read something more (for me this is especially useful, because during development a lot of debug log files created and I don't wont remove card from camera to read it comfortable).

« Reply #523 on: 15 / November / 2011, 07:54:23 »
Another small patch. It improve useful tool "incrementor".
We could change incrementor step using zoom (and on some camera disp) to rapid change current menu item value.

What is done:
1. Refresh on-screen correctly
2. Resolved collision with ERASE_GUARD
3. Use incrementor for enums (useful for Tv override for example + unificate chdk behaviour)

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #524 on: 16 / November / 2011, 15:49:19 »
While big changes are on hold, try to go on with small interface improvements.

What patch contain:
1. Forgotten change to make item#3 of  1407changeset workable
2. Text reader become default action of filemanager (before filemanager just quit)
3. We return from text reader to filemanager, instead of menu. Much easier to press Menu once more, then select text reader again and browse through directory hierarcy in case if select wrong or would like to read something more (for me this is especially useful, because during development a lot of debug log files created and I don't wont remove card from camera to read it comfortable).

Not sure about this one.
Some of my concerns are:

- Inconsistent U/I. If you enter the text reader from the 'Open New File', then when you leave you are put back in the file selector. When you enter the text reader from the 'Open Last Opened File', then when you leave you are back at the menu. The behaviour when leaving the text reader should be consistent.

- Having text reader specific code buried in the file selector is not a good practice (I know there is a lot of this in CHDK; but we should try and avoid adding more).

An alternative solution would be to use the 'conf.reader_file' string to set the starting folder in the file selector when you 'Open New File' in the text reader menu. At the moment it always defaults to A/CHDK/BOOKS?
Another improvement may be to pass the entire 'conf.reader_file' value and have the file selector automatically open the folder and highlight the previously used file (if it exists).

Phil.

Also, as suggested earlier, it would really help if you set your editor to insert spaces instead of tabs and set the tab size to 4, not 8.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #525 on: 17 / November / 2011, 01:31:00 »
Not sure about this one.
Some of my concerns are:

- Inconsistent U/I. If you enter the text reader from the 'Open New File', then when you leave you are put back in the file selector. When you enter the text reader from the 'Open Last Opened File', then when you leave you are back at the menu. The behaviour when leaving the text reader should be consistent.
Consistence for me is that "Menu" works like Escape/Back. If we open through file selector - we go to it back, if we open directly from menu - we return back directly to menu.

Another thing which I implement - it will be possible in future to call scripts (such as editor) directly from fileselector. And no changes in script required. Script will call fselector inside, selector just immidiatelly will return selected file (because flagged that selector is already active). And on exit we again get back to file selector. But this will require some modification of script processing. I do plan it anyway on the way to my goal.

- Having text reader specific code buried in the file selector is not a good practice (I know there is a lot of this in CHDK; but we should try and avoid adding more).
What exactly piece of code do you mean? If you talking about two lines, where I add make default action, then it easily could be moved, Just do not call without parameter.
I just assign probably useful action for each case when action could be not specified (looks like this is one point for now)

Also, as suggested earlier, it would really help if you set your editor to insert spaces instead of tabs and set the tab size to 4, not 8.
I did. And I checked before sending. But probably something miss. Sorry.
« Last Edit: 17 / November / 2011, 01:48:51 by tsvstar »

« Reply #526 on: 17 / November / 2011, 02:15:01 »
As interested in things related to an editor - it would be good, if context menu in file browser had an 'edit' item. It could be for example active for .txt, .lua and .bas files or for all files. I would find this very usefull. I edit scripts directly on-camera so often, so nowadays I need to press func, select an editor, then run it, select file to edit, edit this file and again press func to select apropriate script.

Having an 'edit' item in menu would simplify this procedure a liitle bit.

If file browser had more such usefull things it would be nice to have some shortcut to run it without going to go into menu. For example the 'erase' key is now useless and it could call file browser when in ALT mode (such as Func calls scripts menu).

Forgive me for the offtopic, it should be probably talked in some specific thread.
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

« Reply #527 on: 20 / November / 2011, 10:15:46 »
Patch for the G10 to fix issues with the set_zoom() command in LUA and uBASIC scripts.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #528 on: 20 / November / 2011, 19:24:26 »
Patch for the G10 to fix issues with the set_zoom() command in LUA and uBASIC scripts.
Added, changeset  1419
Note that the patch added redundant PROPCASE_DIGITAL_ZOOM_STATE and PROPCASE_DIGITAL_ZOOM_POSITION defines. The numeric values were the same, so I just put the comments on the existing defines.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #529 on: 20 / November / 2011, 19:41:17 »
Note that the patch added redundant PROPCASE_DIGITAL_ZOOM_STATE and PROPCASE_DIGITAL_ZOOM_POSITION defines. The numeric values were the same, so I just put the comments on the existing defines.
Thanks - I hate it when that happens.  I actually checked out each prop_case on the camera to make sure they were the right ones for propcase2.  Didn't notice the ones that were already defined I guess.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16