Newbie issues, still - - page 6 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Newbie issues, still -

• 146 Replies
Re: Newbie issues, still -
« Reply #50 on: 12 / July / 2008, 11:18:27 »
Advertisements
i hack my s5 is and after that i decide to remove hack and format my memory card in fat 32 and then when i put the memory in to my camera and in lay mode i put set+display key it show fireware ver. 1.0.1.0 so if i want to show the default message like
Firmware Ver GM1.01A
No error
May 29 2007 18:17:20
what should i do?
thank u

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #51 on: 12 / July / 2008, 18:12:47 »
i hack my s5 is and after that i decide to remove hack and format my memory card in fat 32 and then when i put the memory in to my camera and in lay mode i put set+display key it show fireware ver. 1.0.1.0 so if i want to show the default message like

Double post -> the answer is here.

« Reply #52 on: 02 / October / 2008, 16:02:04 »
Please help.I have tried 2 methods to apply the CHDK on my Canon G7 but they both did not work.

1st method: "CHDK for dummies"
I have done every single step right. But my G7(1.00i) did not start up nor react at all once I hit the "review" button when I tried to turn that on.

2nd method: "Manual install"
I put in the 2files into the root folder of my SD card manually. Then this time I was able to turn my G7 on and hit the "Firm Update" button. Once I hit that button, the screen showed "Update File Error!!!" on the LCD and "OK" was the option.

I am sure I have done every steps right and I have the right firmware, but I just could not get it done. Please help. Thank you so much.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #53 on: 02 / October / 2008, 16:50:10 »
@makkalun

screen showed "Update File Error!!!"

that usually means you've got the wrong firmware - please double check your
firmware version: FAQ - CHDK Wiki
(or just download the 100i AND the 100j version and try both - an 'i' and a 'j' can look pretty similar on a small screen  ;))

wim

PS ... and welcome to the forum
« Last Edit: 02 / October / 2008, 17:18:49 by whim »

« Reply #54 on: 06 / October / 2008, 22:58:00 »
Newbie with a suggestion for newbie page:  You talk about using a card reader instead of USB through your camera, but no mention about dedicated computer slots.  I have a new 4 GB SDHC and neither computer can recognize it.  Does this mean I need to buy a card reader?

I just tested a known working 4GB SDHC, computer can't read that either.  New card works fine in camera.  I guess that means I need to buy a card reader. 

Offline reyalp

« Reply #55 on: 06 / October / 2008, 23:41:01 »
A dedicated slot is a card reader, it just happens to be built into the computer.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #56 on: 07 / October / 2008, 00:03:48 »
So does that mean there is something wrong with the card?  It seems to work in the camera, and the working card can't be read directly by the computer either.  My computers are two and three years old, I assumed their readers can't read HC.  They read the non-HC cards fine.  I usually plug the camera/phone/mp3 player directly into USB, never the cards directly.

I'm going through looking at USB card readers, and they don't give a lot of information.  Is the issue HC or the size?  Or is that the same thing?
« Last Edit: 07 / October / 2008, 00:45:51 by jrstark »

Offline will

• IXUS 80IS fw 1.01a
« Reply #57 on: 07 / October / 2008, 01:30:22 »
So does that mean there is something wrong with the card?  It seems to work in the camera, and the working card can't be read directly by the computer either.  My computers are two and three years old, I assumed their readers can't read HC.  They read the non-HC cards fine.  I usually plug the camera/phone/mp3 player directly into USB, never the cards directly.

I'm going through looking at USB card readers, and they don't give a lot of information.  Is the issue HC or the size?  Or is that the same thing?

I'm going to assume you're running Windows XP, is that correct? If so, have you applied SP3? SP3 bundles some updated drivers that support SDHC.

Just search for it -> Google
Plenty of links there.

« Reply #58 on: 07 / October / 2008, 02:38:14 »
I ran both hotfixes, to 4GB and 8GB, and it still can't read it.  Sandisk told me to try to update the drivers, but I seem to have the most up-to-date already.  Any complaints about the Sandisk MobileMate SD Plus card reader?  It gets good reviews on Amazon.

« Reply #59 on: 27 / October / 2008, 09:45:26 »
i tried, it still came up with that "UPDATE FILE ERROR!!!" screen...
what the.... i just want to shoot RAW, is it really some way that i can work on it? thank you...

@makkalun

screen showed "Update File Error!!!"

that usually means you've got the wrong firmware - please double check your
firmware version: FAQ - CHDK Wiki
(or just download the 100i AND the 100j version and try both - an 'i' and a 'j' can look pretty similar on a small screen  ;))