rsint with network socket for control using ipc - page 4 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

rsint with network socket for control using ipc

• 31 Replies
Re: rsint with network socket for control using ipc
« Reply #30 on: 29 / March / 2022, 16:02:07 »
Advertisements
You are right, using WSL is only adding more complexity to the problem.

The pi uses a hub but not the wsl computer. In any case the issue was caused by using the usb 3.0 port on the pi, or it at least was solved by connecting to the 2.0 port instead. On my laptop I don't have a 2.0 port so I can't confirm that it was fixed nor that it was the same issue at all. For those curious the solution came from a different post but I can't seem to find it :-[

Offline reyalp

Re: rsint with network socket for control using ipc
« Reply #31 on: 30 / March / 2022, 16:00:53 »
You are right, using WSL is only adding more complexity to the problem.

The pi uses a hub but not the wsl computer. In any case the issue was caused by using the usb 3.0 port on the pi, or it at least was solved by connecting to the 2.0 port instead. On my laptop I don't have a 2.0 port so I can't confirm that it was fixed nor that it was the same issue at all. For those curious the solution came from a different post but I can't seem to find it :-[
Hmm, my recollection was that on Linux, usb_reset_on_close=true was needed for (some?) USB 3 interfaces, but it worked when set. You might double check that it was actually set when running with your python script (issue 'set usb_reset_on_close' from the script and check the output). Don't think I ever tried with external hubs involved, so that might be another factor. Is the hub USB 2 or USB 3?
Don't forget what the H stands for.