ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 7 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies
Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #60 on: 05 / May / 2011, 10:01:14 »
Advertisements
With these facts I've to recalculate if the port will exceed my time budget  :-[
As you've figured out,  porting to a new camera is a really big job.  Especially if you are coming up the learning curve from scratch.  Even if you only value your time a $1/hr,  its still a better deal to go out and purchase one of the supported camera / firmware combinations. Especially if what you really want to do is enhanced photography rather than software.

I agree, but unfortunately the parameters of my 220hs,HD resolution, 24-120mm, 140gr. are fitting so perfectly to my microcopter requirements, that I hardly find a ported equivalent ;)

Maybe I've to wait until a Senior will do the job...even when I don't like this "let someone do the job" attitude.

This one would be a good winter project, but unfortunately here in Munich it is spring with someday summer feeling ;)

...have fun...

Michi

« Reply #61 on: 05 / May / 2011, 10:09:33 »
I agree, but unfortunately the parameters of my 220hs,HD resolution, 24-120mm, 140gr. are fitting so perfectly to my microcopter requirements, that I hardly find a ported equivalent ;)
I'm a little biased  8) but you might want to checkout the SD940.  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SD940IS.   Pretty much the same size,  slightly lighter, comparable shooting specs ...   And pretty much every firmware version has been ported.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #62 on: 05 / May / 2011, 10:24:26 »
Yes, it's coming pretty close...except the 28mm vs. 24mm and HD (which is not relevant ;).

But it is acceptable...I try to change the CAM at my distributor.

And 20gr. less is good even!

...have fun...

Michi

P.S.: "All but the 1.00E have been ported."
            How high is the probability to get an "E" release here in Europe!?
« Last Edit: 05 / May / 2011, 11:01:59 by michi1911 »

« Reply #63 on: 05 / May / 2011, 11:10:39 »
Not sure if you can buy an IXUS120 -SD940 new any more but its worth a try.

Pretty low I would think.  There have only been two people reporting owning them that I know of and I believe they were originally sold in Asia.  In any case,  it would be an easy job to port to it once we have a firmware dump.  I can help you out there should it happen.

« Reply #64 on: 05 / May / 2011, 11:32:14 »
Not sure if you can buy an IXUS120 -SD940 new any more but its worth a try.

Pretty low I would think.  There have only been two people reporting owning them that I know of and I believe they were originally sold in Asia.  In any case,  it would be an easy job to port to it once we have a firmware dump.  I can help you out there should it happen.

My distributor has an "IXUS 120 IS" in stock, im within 14 days return period...I'll give it a try. It is 2/3 of the price of the 220 hs ;)

So no reason not to switch over...

B.t.w.: My motivation, as I figured out in a post above, is the use with my microcopter and especially the remote control stuff via USB-Power-Pin. Do you see any contra-indication in "Shoot", "Start Video", "Zoom-IN/OUT" scripting for this device?

Just to be better informed this time :)

Thx a lot, especially for your patience answering dumb questions ...

...have fun...

Michi

« Reply #65 on: 05 / May / 2011, 11:48:42 »
B.t.w.: My motivation, as I figured out in a post above, is the use with my microcopter and especially the remote control stuff via USB-Power-Pin. Do you see any contra-indication in "Shoot", "Start Video", "Zoom-IN/OUT" scripting for this device?
I have not tried any scripts that involve video.  I have confirmed that USB-Power-Pin can activate the shutter though.  If you can find or write a script that does what you want, I can test for you.

« Reply #66 on: 05 / May / 2011, 12:21:37 »
Thx, but confirming shoot on USB-Pin seems to be enough...it improves, that it is possible to monitor the pin.
It would be great if you can explain the binding between the Pin checking routine and the shoot stub of CHDK...

The rest is done by just modulating the pulse width and connecting these events to different functions.
I will do that work later and I'm sure it works because of different examples are available in the web and in microcopter forums.
I've to analyze the availability of CHDK functions and than define how to signalize it via PWM.
For this purpose I will design a litte AVR-microprocessor circuit, connected to the servo outputs of my remote control receiver and as output to the USB power pin.

...have fun...

Michi

« Reply #67 on: 05 / May / 2011, 22:03:31 »
It would be great if you can explain the binding between the Pin checking routine and the shoot stub of CHDK...
Not sure what you are asking here, but if you look at the kbd.c code (in the ..\trunknnnn\platform\ixus120_sd940\ directory you will find a routine called  my_kbd_read_keys().  This is where the status of the USB pin is detected.

The rest is done by just modulating the pulse width and connecting these events to different functions.
I don't think that I've seen anyone try to decode PWM signals from the USB power pin - at least not in CHDK basic or lua.  However,  you could probably customize the kdb.c code (mentioned above) to do what you want.  It will just no longer be a standard version of CHDK.

« Reply #68 on: 06 / May / 2011, 06:27:43 »
Not sure what you are asking here, but if you look at the kbd.c code (in the ..\trunknnnn\platform\ixus120_sd940\ directory you will find a routine called  my_kbd_read_keys().  This is where the status of the USB pin is detected.
That's exactly what I'm looking for...for the very beginning it is perfect to shoot remotly.
I don't think that I've seen anyone try to decode PWM signals from the USB power pin - at least not in CHDK basic or lua.  However,  you could probably customize the kdb.c code (mentioned above) to do what you want.  It will just no longer be a standard version of CHDK.

Maybe PWM is a little misleading, I discovered several projects using the USB Pin do send more than one commands to CHDK by just measuring the duration of the pulse. I will later report on that topic if of interest!?

...have fun...

Michi

« Reply #69 on: 06 / May / 2011, 08:48:01 »
@Admin: please can you mark this thread as closed.

After analyzing the porting effort, I decided to switch to another camera, which is already ported (IXUS120IS), so this threads titel may be misleading until someone else starts to port to IXUS220HS.

Sorry, but the time effort on this topic is, following the recommendations of the gurus in this forum, to high for me...

...have fun...

Michi