ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 78 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies
Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #770 on: 09 / November / 2012, 09:03:09 »
Advertisements
Af
The camera crashes in a part of firmware which has the name "chaseframe". Do you have any "smart" feature of the camera turned on? By smart, I mean stuff like auto mode, face/blink/whatever detection, tracking AF. If so, try without. edit: related to scene detection, is the cam in auto mode?
The only thing the "sync" code does is hold the shooting task in a tight loop waiting for the USB power to be released.    This seems to be harmless on most cameras but its possible, as srsa_4c has pointed out, that  being stuck in that tight loop is a bad thing for some of the "advanced" camera features.   It will be interesting to know if those features are enabled and if turning them off causes the problem to go away.

Good point the problem seems to be related to the face recognition of the camera.

After disabling all the smart features and testing with various settings I still have the same problem. But I have discovered that the problem only occurs when a face is in the frame while focusing. So the problem certainly has to do something with the camera's face recognition. The problem is it is seems to be available in every mode and I have not found a method to disable it. The only thing that works is working in low light, perhaps because face recognition is not working in low light.

bugmenot

« Reply #771 on: 11 / November / 2012, 08:50:48 »
101G with last CHDK for 101G

How to turn off LCD Display?
I have tried some "intervalometer" scripts, but they cant keep it off longer than some milliseconds (blink).
"review" is OFF  (displaying the image after the shot)
What about hardware mod for this? Does this easy to implement addition button to power it off?

There is "High-speed burst" mode in 3Mpx . How can I use it in script? (e.g. take 1 shot in full res and than immediately 10 shots  with "High-speed burst")

3. How to record video? (video button has binded to ALT)

4. Fast buttons (top, left, right, zoom) does not work in ALT mode, except RAW (down). Also in script-parameter-set menu that buttons does not work.
I have understand that they works in not-ALT mode and with half-press. But "zoom" control - don't.
« Last Edit: 11 / November / 2012, 09:17:54 by bugmenot »

« Reply #772 on: 11 / November / 2012, 10:59:11 »
I can answer a few of your questions;

1: backlight: manipulating the backlight does not work with this port, the firmware functions called to turn backlight on and off as used in the port do not work.
1: set_backlight works when you set Disable LCD Off in CHDK settings to 'Always' :P
Also put a sleep(100) after a call to set_backlight, and if you wait for an event in a loop it is best to also include a set_backlight(0) there, some backlights are very hard to turn off.
Here's a code snippet that manages to turn the backlight off on the 220HS 100b
Code: [Select]
function expcontrol_shoot(dark)
     press("shoot_half")
    repeat
        sleep(10)
set_backlight(0)
    until get_shooting() == true

set_backlight(0)
    sleep(500) 
    press("shoot_full")
    sleep(100)
    release("shoot_full")
    sleep(100)
    release("shoot_half")
    repeat
        sleep(10)
set_backlight(0)
    until get_shooting() ~= true

3: Video: short press is Alt mode, long press is record ;)
« Last Edit: 11 / November / 2012, 15:47:06 by casrap »

« Reply #773 on: 18 / November / 2012, 16:23:25 »
For what it's worth, a picture of the X-Rite Passport.
It does get better colors in tungsten light.
software: http://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=1257
photo: http://depositfiles.com/files/c4chvqspe

Hope you'll find it usefull.

« Reply #774 on: 06 / December / 2012, 07:08:12 »
hey guys, is it possible to have the lens stay in when starting the camera with the playback button? (normal behavior) everything else is perfect but it's super annoying i can't start the camera without the lens coming out everytime..

thanks

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #775 on: 06 / December / 2012, 09:43:20 »
hey guys, is it possible to have the lens stay in when starting the camera with the playback button?

Yes it is - just hold the Playback button while switching on until you see the splash screen.

hth,

wim

« Reply #776 on: 07 / December / 2012, 22:52:37 »
hey guys, is it possible to have the lens stay in when starting the camera with the playback button?

Yes it is - just hold the Playback button while switching on until you see the splash screen.

hth,

wim

ah thanks! that worked! but would it be possible to just change it so it works like that when you press the playback button only?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #777 on: 08 / December / 2012, 18:08:47 »
ah thanks! that worked! but would it be possible to just change it so it works like that when you press the playback button only?
If the lens extends when you press the play button, the port is not implemented correctly. The behavior should be:
any length press of play button powers on in play mode.
short press of power button powers on in play mode
long press of power button powers on in rec mode

Opening the lens unexpectedly risks damaging the camera, so should not be the default. The information about which button was pressed to start the camera is lost by the time CHDK is loaded, so the default must be play mode. The code can then detect if the power button is still pressed, and act accordingly.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #778 on: 04 / January / 2013, 11:13:11 »
Hi,

I'm using an IXUS 220 HS with the chdk-ptp alternative ptp client.

Things generally work well except for some irregular crashes. But this could be a chdk-ptp issue (I've posted about this in that thread)

Anyway, what I would like to know is if it is possible to set the focus distance with lua code with the IXUS 220 HS using "set_prop" and "set_focus(x)"?

The problem is, I'm using the camera as a sort of high quality webcam with shots taken and uploaded every 40 seconds using a Raspberry Pi, but at night it more often than not doesn't focus correctly so I'd like to be able to set the focus distance to guarantee the subject being in focus. Is this possible?

I am able to manually set the focus using the CHDK settings on the camera when it's not plugged in to anything, so manual focus does seem possible with this camera. Is it possible via lua code? If so, what steps do I need to make it manually focus?

Offline FaKK

« Reply #779 on: 09 / January / 2013, 10:49:56 »
I want to disable RAW+JPG recording, I only want RAW to be stored on the SD Card.

This Menu http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_for_Dummies#Raw (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071013223061/chdk/images/thumb/9/9c/Raw.jpg/200px-Raw.jpg) does not exist in my version, can't find that option. The described Menu is not there.

Thanks for you help!