How can I shoot without the lenses? - page 13 - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum  

How can I shoot without the lenses?

• 121 Replies
Re: How can I shoot without the lenses?
« Reply #120 on: 15 / September / 2015, 05:08:21 »
Advertisements
I thought (I am not a dev) that such points where hardware switches are detected could be found easy and rerouted to an own function (which maybe gives the right answers to skip the error).
I'm assuming you have not done a lot of reverse assembly work staring with just a binary dump?  Otherwise you would not have assumed that "that such points where hardware switches are detected could be found easy ".   It's quite possible they could be found but "easy" would not be an adverb to describe the process required.

No of course not :-) (I have only a faint idea how to disassemble, trace and debug such a FW in a emulator or similar) But the big amount of functionality fooled me to belive the gurus are so much into the matter that it might be easy. However, your(s) work is so impressive that I might choose a Canon just because of that (and other software which makes Canons a good choice).

My use case is (as I learned by searching here) not that exotic but I can of course understand if the development is concentrating to the mainstream functions.

Best,
Carsten

PS: At least the captha is now only 2 puzzle parts, maybe I should let my son do that work :-)
« Last Edit: 15 / September / 2015, 05:10:11 by calli »

Re: How can I shoot without the lenses?
« Reply #121 on: 15 / September / 2015, 10:01:30 »
However, your(s) work is so impressive that I might choose a Canon just because of that (and other software which makes Canons a good choice).
Reading back to your original posting,  I would suggest finding another inexpensive used camera (eBay?) that is supported by CHDK and then carefully removing the glass elements in the lens.  Those less expensive cameras do not have an adjustable diaphragm (iris) so that might be your cleanest way to hook to a telescope while keeping the lens interface to the Canon firmware intact.  Assuming the spacing works out.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16