Porting the ixus70_sd1000 ver 102a to CHDK - page 9 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Porting the ixus70_sd1000 ver 102a to CHDK

• 82 Replies
Re: Porting the ixus70_sd1000 ver 102a to CHDK
« Reply #80 on: 25 / February / 2008, 15:23:10 »
Advertisements
This is very strange. It seems that i have to do something like this:
Code: [Select]
case SCRIPT_WAIT_SAVE:{

if (state_shooting_progress == SHOOTING_PROGRESS_DONE)
{
script_console_add_line("done");
kbd_int_stack_ptr-=1; // pop op.
} else {
script_console_add_line("waiting");
}
    return;
in order for it to work.
If i comment out the
script_console_add_line("waiting"); part, it hangs. I'm assuming that script_console_add_line causes the prop cases to update in CHDK?
I currently get a similar problem in the Ixus 55 port. Did anybody find out the reason for this behaviour? I have scanned the Ixus70 branch and did not find any changes related to the problem. How was it solved?

« Reply #81 on: 25 / February / 2008, 18:26:28 »
This is very strange. It seems that i have to do something like this:
case SCRIPT_WAIT_SAVE:{

if (state_shooting_progress == SHOOTING_PROGRESS_DONE)
{
script_console_add_line("done");
kbd_int_stack_ptr-=1; // pop op.
} else {
script_console_add_line("waiting");
}
    return;
in order for it to work.
If i comment out the
script_console_add_line("waiting"); part, it hangs. I'm assuming that script_console_add_line causes the prop cases to update in CHDK?
I currently get a similar problem in the Ixus 55 port. Did anybody find out the reason for this behaviour? I have scanned the Ixus70 branch and did not find any changes related to the problem. How was it solved?

This problem went away with the latest build of the SD1000 build. Btw, quietschi or ewavr, where is the latest src for the SD1000 port? My copy doesn't have the latest changes.

Offline cyril42e

• SD1000/Ixus70 1.02a
    • CR-TEKnologies
« Reply #82 on: 12 / June / 2008, 10:03:18 »
115 becomes 1 when the shutter button half pressed. [...]. It is interesting though because its value functions exactly the same as 206 (shooting).

I agree, I can't see any difference between propcase 115 (which is supposed to be ready-to-shoot, according to this list) and propcase 206 (which is supposed to be shooting-in-progress, and is used in CHDK core): they always have the same value, which is 1 iff the camera is ready to shoot OR shooting is in progress.

In particular, when AFlock and AElock are set the camera is ready to shoot, so both propcases 115 and 206 are set to 1, and as a consequence the "shoot" command is blocking forever, as well as all scripts that use propcase 206 to know when shooting has finished.

Is this a problem only with SD1000, or with all DIGIC III cameras?
And is there another way to know specifically about shooting in progress? (I didn't find any other propcase value)

PS: Thank you quietschi and chaynlynk for porting SD1000!