sx700 porting - page 8 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

sx700 porting

• 184 Replies

Offline ftm

Re: sx700 porting
« Reply #70 on: 03 / January / 2018, 02:43:18 »
Advertisements
Yep, mine was in mute mode too. Sound is OK! :)
Thanks for confirming.

I suggest changing the text color for the Overrides to white. It looks better on the camera.

Also, you can see, the sx700 is now in the autobuild.
« Last Edit: 03 / January / 2018, 02:48:11 by ftm »

Offline ftm

« Reply #71 on: 03 / January / 2018, 14:22:35 »
SX700 100e is in the autobuild as of 4970

I made some cosmetic changes from the github code in 4969 https://app.assembla.com/spaces/chdk/subversion/commits/4969

I also removed bin_comp_fix.h in the original commit, the autogenerated one should be functionality equivalent.
Thanks for putting this in the autobuild and for making the needed changes.
The aspect ratio stuff ( vp_xo etc) in lib.c has a TODO on it. I would expect this is the same as sx710, but can be easily checked using chdkptp GUI live view and going through the available aspect ratios in the the func menu.
I tried to test this using the chdkptp_gui.sh. It seems to work and I can click the FUNC button to bring up the selection and I can then use the Left/Right/Up/Down/Set buttons to change the aspect ratio as is shown on the screen.  but I frequently get errors and the gui hangs. When this hangs, I unplug the camera, I get messages such as:
Code: [Select]
I/O errorlive timer update error
I have to physically disconnect and reconnect to make it work again. It seems the problems happen when UI Overlay is selected. If the UI Overlay is unselected, there are no errors and Live View works fine.

More info: Using Ubuntu VM running on a Mac OS X host via Virtual Box.
« Last Edit: 03 / January / 2018, 16:05:20 by ftm »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #72 on: 03 / January / 2018, 16:07:24 »
I tried to test this using the chdkptp_gui.sh. It seems to work and I can click the FUNC button to bring up the selection and I can then use the Left/Right/Up/Down/Set buttons to change the aspect ratio as is shown on the screen. 
Thanks for testing.

The specific thing to look for with the viewport offset stuff is that the image appears in the correct place, e.g. when you choose 16:9 there it's centered vertically in the screen, not at the top. It's normal to see it briefly in the wrong location when you switch.

but I frequently get errors and the gui hangs. When this hangs, I unplug the camera, I get messages such as:
I/O errorlive timer update error
I have to physically disconnect and reconnect to make it work again. It seems the problems happen when UI Overlay is selected. If the UI Overlay is unselected, there are no errors and Live View works fine.
Interesting, I haven't seen this reported before. I wouldn't expect this to be a port issue, but it would be good to understand why it's happening.

After the error happens, you can use
!printf(errutil.last_traceback)
to get a stack trace.

If there was a USB error, the kernel logs may also show something.

You are running this in a VM, correct? This shouldn't specifically be a problem, but adds more places for things to go wrong. What VM software and Linux distro are you using?

What kind of frame rates do you get?

Does the UI overlay look OK before error happens? Meaning, the menus and OSD elements look the pretty much the same as they do on the canon screen, including transparency?

Have you tried "skip D6 opacity"? This will make the semi-transparent element look different from the camera screen, but reduce bandwidth significantly.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline ftm

« Reply #73 on: 03 / January / 2018, 18:19:46 »
Using Ubuntu 16.04LTS VM on a MacOS X (10.13) host running VirtualBox.

The FPS starts at ~4.3 and drops to ~2.2 when UI overlay is turned on. When skip D6 opcaity is selected the fPS climbs a little bit to ~2.5.

With the Skip D6 opacity selected, it ran a little longer. Still froze eventually.

Before the hangup, everything looks good on the screen.

Here is the stack trace:
> !printf(errutil.last_traceback)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'chdk_connection.execlua'
        [C]: in function 'pcall'
        /home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/chdku.lua:2082: in function 'execlua_pcall'
        /home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/chdku.lua:1014: in function 'exec'
        /home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/gui.lua:75: in function </home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/gui.lua:74>
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        /home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/errutil.lua:97: in function 'exec'
        /home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/gui.lua:79: in function 'execquick'
        /home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/gui.lua:294: in function </home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/gui.lua:293>
        (...tail calls...)
        [C]: in function 'MainLoop'
        /home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/gui.lua:758: in function </home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/gui.lua:731>
        (...tail calls...)
        /home/ramp/develop/chdkptp-r795/lua/main.lua:286: in main chunk
        [C]: in function 'require'
        [string "require('main')"]:1: in main chunkERROR: not connected
ERROR: not connected
There is also nothing in /var/log/syslog.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #74 on: 03 / January / 2018, 22:30:48 »
Here is the stack trace:
        [string "require('main')"]:1: in main chunkERROR: not connected
ERROR: not connected
Hmm, that seems to be after the connection went away, not from the initial error.

I suspect this is VM related, so I wouldn't spend much time on it unless you feel like it.

using
set err_trace=always
might get the stack trace with the initial error.

There is also nothing in /var/log/syslog.
You could try the dmesg command.

« Reply #75 on: 07 / January / 2018, 14:15:55 »
Autobuild 4972:
- Motion.lua script works (shows grid with values, takes picture, not really fast delay seems to be 0.5 sec)
- Menu is flickering in shooting mode, after using Motion.lua script
- loading default script, flickering is over
- the default value for the battery is not good (fully loaded shows 93%) OR might my battery bit old OR one have to calibrate every battery?
« Last Edit: 07 / January / 2018, 15:19:37 by mastodon »
(A 410), SX 200, (SX 280), SX 700

Offline reyalp

« Reply #76 on: 07 / January / 2018, 16:26:13 »
Autobuild 4972:
- Motion.lua script works (shows grid with values, takes picture, not really fast delay seems to be 0.5 sec)
To test MD response, using MD_Tune is recommended: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Testing#MD_tune.bas

- Menu is flickering in shooting mode, after using Motion.lua script
- loading default script, flickering is over
It's very unlikely this has anything to do with which script is selected. It will flicker more or less based on what the Canon firmware is doing.
- the default value for the battery is not good (fully loaded shows 93%) OR might my battery bit old OR one have to calibrate every battery?
This is just defined by min and max voltage levels, so it's not going to be perfect. Individual batteries will vary and the voltage for a battery fresh of the charger will be a bit higher than after it's been sitting for a while.

« Reply #77 on: 07 / January / 2018, 20:49:26 »
You should be able to get response times less than 100 msec in motion detect using md_tune. 

https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12918.30

Offline ftm

« Reply #78 on: 13 / January / 2018, 04:18:45 »
Could you please post a test version of this with the SX 700 port? (If you get there)

Build with the CHDK UI Version 3.0 (
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13293.0 waterwingz) for the SX700HS is attached.

edit: version 4975 is attached. This should have the latest waterwingz UI-3.0 (patch r6)
« Last Edit: 13 / January / 2018, 21:24:26 by ftm »

« Reply #79 on: 13 / January / 2018, 16:11:29 »
It seems to me, that this is 4 4974 with UI v 2.0.
Another experience with AutoISO, F is every time: 3,2, ISO values are different:
- In P mode: with flash 800, without flash 320
- In Tv mode (with 1/60 by default): with flash 320, without flash 1600
- In Av mode I set the light conditions let the camera set 1/60: with flash 320, without flash 1000
- In Manual mode there is no AutoISO

Why are not the ISO values the same in the various modes?
(A 410), SX 200, (SX 280), SX 700