KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 33 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #320 on: 09 / January / 2015, 14:44:35 »
Advertisements
I canĀ“t understand how to set in each option the infinity focus

@shot : tells the script to  focus at infinity prior to each shot.  Some cameras do not require the use of Canon AFL or MF moded to focus. (This one would be very slow? because it needs to focus and then do the photo)

AFL :  sets the camera into Canon AFL ( auto focus lock ) mode and sets the focus to infinity.

MF :  sets the camera into Canon MF ( manual focus ) mode and sets the focus to infinity.

Which one is the diference between the AFL and MF? what i need to do if i choose one of them to put them to infinity?

For example with the AFL: i start the cammera pointing to something really far (infinity) but how i focus that object in the infinity? and when is focused i start the script so i start to take photos. is it correct?

and with the MF what i need to do?

and other question, in which option needs to be the cammera? Auto, P, Tv, Av??

« Last Edit: 09 / January / 2015, 15:18:42 by Skndol »

« Reply #321 on: 09 / January / 2015, 19:45:24 »
]Which one is the diference between the AFL and MF? what i need to do if i choose one of them to put them to infinity?
There are two methods that Canon cameras will accept to disable auto focus and allow manual focus.   These are AFL (for auto focus lock)  and  MF  (for manual focus).   For most cameras, either method will work.  For some only one or the other works.   The script allows you to pick which one you would like used - typically AFL will work fine for almost every camera.  If it does not work for yours,  try MF.

For example with the AFL: i start the cammera pointing to something really far (infinity) but how i focus that object in the infinity? and when is focused i start the script so i start to take photos. is it correct?
Not correct.   The script will put the camera into AFL mode and then set the focus distance at infinity.  You do not need to point the camera at anything (near or far) for this to happen.  Same thing for MF mode.

The script will override all exposure and focus values so it should not matter.  However, in general,  P mode is usually the least likely to cause problems.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #322 on: 10 / January / 2015, 11:15:35 »
]Which one is the diference between the AFL and MF? what i need to do if i choose one of them to put them to infinity?
There are two methods that Canon cameras will accept to disable auto focus and allow manual focus.   These are AFL (for auto focus lock)  and  MF  (for manual focus).   For most cameras, either method will work.  For some only one or the other works.   The script allows you to pick which one you would like used - typically AFL will work fine for almost every camera.  If it does not work for yours,  try MF.

Not correct.   The script will put the camera into AFL mode and then set the focus distance at infinity.  You do not need to point the camera at anything (near or far) for this to happen.  Same thing for MF mode.

The script will override all exposure and focus values so it should not matter.  However, in general,  P mode is usually the least likely to cause problems.

Ok, per parts

I have the s100,you told me you have the mf, but i really dont know the difference. Which one do you recommend me? I am a bit noob but i learn very fast hehe

Another thing, you are saying that the P is the best one? I tried a couple of photos moving my cammera with my hand (trying to simulate the flight with my drone) but the phottos were a bit moved (blurry)

« Reply #323 on: 10 / January / 2015, 11:47:18 »
I have the s100,you told me you have the mf, but i really dont know the difference. Which one do you recommend me? I am a bit noob but i learn very fast hehe
Either will work.   Use MF if you want me to make the decision for you.

Another thing, you are saying that the P is the best one? I tried a couple of photos moving my cammera with my hand (trying to simulate the flight with my drone) but the phottos were a bit moved (blurry)
That will depend on what Tv settings you are using (shutter speed) and how fast yoou moved the camera.   Nothing to do with the script - it's simple physics.

« Reply #324 on: 10 / January / 2015, 12:25:55 »
Either will work.   Use MF if you want me to make the decision for you.

That will depend on what Tv settings you are using (shutter speed) and how fast yoou moved the camera.   Nothing to do with the script - it's simple physics.

Ok, i didnt changed the defaults settings. But i will try it in the air instead with my hand hahaha and i hope the results will be better.

« Reply #325 on: 10 / January / 2015, 12:37:39 »
Ok, i didnt changed the defaults settings. But i will try it in the air instead with my hand hahaha and i hope the results will be better.
I'd suggest starting with the ones I posted earlier in this thread.  < link >

« Reply #326 on: 10 / January / 2015, 13:57:35 »
I'd suggest starting with the ones I posted earlier in this thread.  < link >
Just changued the settings.  :-*
I made couple of photos a moment ago and i set the ISO(with the ring) in the P (P is the best one as you said before, right? Hehehe) as auto but i think it doesnt affect because the is taken with the script.
The photos were a bit dark but i think is because im at my room with a light bulb in the roof. But no blurry :)

What i need to do if they continue dark with natural light?

Thanks again :)
« Last Edit: 10 / January / 2015, 14:02:05 by Skndol »

« Reply #327 on: 10 / January / 2015, 14:06:12 »
You need to look at the exposure values that the script used (  Tv, Av, Sv ) and determine if any of them are at the limit values set in the parameters for the script.

« Reply #328 on: 10 / January / 2015, 14:21:33 »
You need to look at the exposure values that the script used (  Tv, Av, Sv ) and determine if any of them are at the limit values set in the parameters for the script.

Yes it arrived to the iso max2
I will check it with natural light

« Reply #329 on: 19 / January / 2015, 07:59:34 »
Hi All!

First, a big kudos for waterwingz for the script and the support!
My question would be:
For the RC PWM control what kind of cable do I need?
I would prefer to use all 6 options.
Also where should I set my "don't do anything PWM"?

I have a gentWIRE-USB which converts the PWM to Pulses for the script below but using that wire I was getting random actions and many errors in-between .
Many thanks in advance!
Tom

while 1
   do
      k = get_usb_power
   until k>0
   if k < 5 then gosub "ch1up"
   if k > 4 and k < 8 then gosub "ch1mid"
   if k > 7 and k < 11 then gosub "ch1down"
   if k > 10 and k < 14 then gosub "ch2up"
   if k > 13 and k < 17 then gosub "ch2mid"
   if k > 16 and k < 20 then gosub "ch2down"