KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 105 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #1040 on: 30 / January / 2019, 11:09:26 »
Advertisements
Yes, I am more than willing to do testing as I really want this to work. Please PM me.

As for the other shots being out of focus, I wouldn't rule out some vibrations. The sample  IMG_1270 did not have any vibrations as the quad was in my hand before takeoff.

« Reply #1041 on: 30 / January / 2019, 13:39:25 »
As for the other shots being out of focus, I wouldn't rule out some vibrations.

Can you check the logs in the Pixhawk from that last flight to see the vibration levels? e.g. AccX and AccY should be between -3 and +3 and AccZ between -15 to -5.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-measuring-vibration.html#imu-dataflash-log-message

« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2019, 13:45:06 by cagiva »

« Reply #1042 on: 30 / January / 2019, 14:11:22 »
The last flight was not with a Pixhawk.

As for the other shots being out of focus, I wouldn't rule out some vibrations.

Can you check the logs in the Pixhawk from that last flight to see the vibration levels? e.g. AccX and AccY should be between -3 and +3 and AccZ between -15 to -5.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-measuring-vibration.html#imu-dataflash-log-message

« Reply #1043 on: 30 / January / 2019, 14:17:59 »
The last flight was not with a Pixhawk.

So, what are you using as a flight controller hardware?
« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2019, 14:41:48 by cagiva »

« Reply #1044 on: 30 / January / 2019, 14:40:09 »
I'm kind of curious about where you found those acceleration thresholds?  And if anyone has correlated them to how the affect the Canon lens mounting mechanisms? 

Even if the Pixhawk sees those levels, the level of vibration seen by the camera will be less if there is a halfway decent vibration mount.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #1045 on: 30 / January / 2019, 14:43:23 »
I'm kind of curious about where you found those acceleration thresholds?

There was a link to that information in the original post, but here is again.

« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2019, 15:09:32 by cagiva »

« Reply #1046 on: 30 / January / 2019, 17:20:14 »
I checked the plane log from this weekend. Vibrations look like they are in the normal range. See attached. I balanced the props recently. The camera is mounted the plane shown.

I'm kind of curious about where you found those acceleration thresholds?

There was a link to that information in the original post, but here is again.

« Reply #1047 on: 03 / February / 2019, 11:30:47 »
Yes, I am more than willing to do testing as I really want this to work. Please PM me.
See this thread : use of propcase MIN_AV when the camera inserts its ND filter

I attached an updated build for the sx610hs on the porting thread, but I can't test it myself.  You should also delete the test kap_uav.lua script that I sent you and revert to v3.8 for now.

« Reply #1048 on: 03 / February / 2019, 13:15:31 »
I tested the 4.0b7 today in the plane. It looks pretty good to me. Samples and log and be downloaded here.  https://inet.idealab.com/dbd/1D721D14/kap_uav4.0b7_log_and_samples_2_3_2019.zip

I will download the new port and go back to 3.8 and see how it does next weekend. Thanks again for all the help!

See this thread : use of propcase MIN_AV when the camera inserts its ND filter

I attached an updated build for the sx610hs on the porting thread, but I can't test it myself.  You should also delete the test kap_uav.lua script that I sent you and revert to v3.8 for now.

« Reply #1049 on: 03 / February / 2019, 14:10:04 »
I tested the 4.0b7 today in the plane. It looks pretty good to me.
Thanks for doing that. 

Unfortunately, what I did with that version is hack around the incorrect information returned by the sx610 100a port from incorrectly assigned property case variable. So it will only work for the defective port - its not something I'll be making publicly available.