EOS 50D CHDK DEVELOPEMENT - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

EOS 50D CHDK DEVELOPEMENT

• 2 Replies
EOS 50D CHDK DEVELOPEMENT
« on: 15 / November / 2010, 13:15:06 »
Advertisements
On the For developers page http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers  at the DIGIC IV EOS section the 50D is highlighted blue and blue stands for
Blue - either original firmware or firmware dump is available; porting is needed
 I have no experience at all in programming and I would like to knowwhat is going on with the 50D CHDK development.

I guess I didn't post this in the right place..............

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: EOS 50D CHDK DEVELOPEMENT
« Reply #1 on: 15 / November / 2010, 14:08:46 »
CHDK is not for DSLR cameras. Apparently someone has added DSLR cameras to the CHDK camera status list, but they really shouldn't be listed under "it's just a matter or porting" because it's just not a matter of porting -- it's about strarting from scratch (or from the Magic Lantern project?) to create something more or less completely different.

So for those EOS lines on that page, blue means someone's been able to dump the firmware (meaning a skilled an brave person could try to create a hack for it) and purple means someone's working on some sort of a hack. But it's not CHDK.

Re: EOS 50D CHDK DEVELOPEMENT
« Reply #2 on: 15 / November / 2010, 14:15:02 »
Thanks.... might as well look at getting a supported camera.