SD980 beta release - page 34 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

SD980 beta release

• 376 Replies

Offline gbit

Re: SD980 beta release
« Reply #330 on: 17 / July / 2011, 13:49:39 »
Advertisements
Wow - congratulations.  I think you are actually the first "newbie" to complete a port from one firmware version to another of the same camera using CHDK-PT !

Thanks, I was pretty motivated to get this ported. I have a timelapse scene I need to do for a video project which will be shown on the largest HD screen in the world (Dallas Cowboy Stadium). I also did not want to have to return this camera. It has an awesome 24mm wide lens and the alternative was the S3 IS with 28mm, but at twice the cost and no discernable advantage for my particular setup I wanted to make this camera work.

Did you also use philmoz's new sigfinder ?  There were a bunch of things that it found in the 1.01C code that really should be checked.

Actually I did not get to installing the new sigfinder. I may do so during the week though, particularly if I find that I am unable to run scripts on it 24/7 for the next few days.

I am a bit surprised that there is not even more activity on getting all of these canon cameras and their fw revisions CHDK'd. The tools and the documentation are surprisingly good and mature. I know I had moments of frustration, but it could have been a lot worse. I really appreciate all the help and the tools to make it happen.

« Reply #331 on: 17 / July / 2011, 14:30:20 »
Actually I did not get to installing the new sigfinder. I may do so during the week though, particularly if I find that I am unable to run scripts on it 24/7 for the next few days.

I am a bit surprised that there is not even more activity on getting all of these canon cameras and their fw revisions CHDK'd.
So what are you going to do next with your source ?   If you want to zip the sub directory and send it to me,  I can convert quickly to a patch file for the trunk.  Or you can read up on Tortoise.svn tools and do it yourself.

Prior to doing that though,  I'd run the new sigfinder and look at what the revised stubs_entry.S tells you.  A little clean-up is probably warranted if you just accepted what came in with the 1.00c port.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline gbit

« Reply #332 on: 17 / July / 2011, 17:12:53 »
Well for now here is the source, I have not ran the sigfinder against it, but when I compare the stubs_entry.S file to that of your 101c they are an exact match other than the differing address offsets. I am going to go outside and get some sunshine in the nice 105 degree weather I am having.  :o

http://www.multiupload.com/WBMRYH3X8J

« Reply #333 on: 17 / July / 2011, 19:05:45 »
Well for now here is the source, I have not ran the sigfinder against it, but when I compare the stubs_entry.S file to that of your 101c they are an exact match other than the differing address offsets.
I downloaded and built it just fine.  The new sigfinder only found three things of possible concern :

Code: [Select]
//DEF(task_InitFileModules   ,0xff894550) //107     **** stubs_entry_2.S: 0xff89447c
//DEF(levent_table           ,0xffb7a458) // Found @0xffb7a458, ** != ** stubs_min = 0xffb7a464 (0xFFB7A464)
//DEF(movie_status           ,0x000067e0) // Found @0xff94addc, ** != ** stubs_min = 0x00005430 (0x53F8+0x38)

The InitFileModules warning probably means that your version of CHDK will not support FAT32 - that's the reason for hooking that task in the first place as far as I know (I've been wrong before).  It also means that there should be several seconds delay after the camera starts before the logo appears.  Does that seem right ?

Offline gbit

« Reply #334 on: 17 / July / 2011, 19:44:19 »
Well there is about 5 seconds before it loads the logo.. and maybe this explains why the logo is not showing completely on my 32gb card but it did on my 2gb :|. So are you saying I got an address wring with the InitFileModules? I would like to get FAT32 working, had not realized that it was not.

« Reply #335 on: 17 / July / 2011, 20:05:11 »
Well there is about 5 seconds before it loads the logo.. and maybe this explains why the logo is not showing completely on my 32gb card but it did on my 2gb :|. So are you saying I got an address wring with the InitFileModules? I would like to get FAT32 working, had not realized that it was not.
The five second delay indicates that the InitFileModules task is not running ( it sets a flag to tell the spy_task it can run - otherwise the spy_task sits in a loop and waits for several seconds before it proceeds and shows the logo - amongst other things.  )

What does the logo not working completely mean ?  You get the text box but not the round dial picture ?  That can happen if the logo image file is not stored on the larger partition if you are using dual partitions.  Or are you using a ps.fi2 file to firmware update boot ?

As you did the rest of the port pretty much on "blind faith",  it seems that changing the three values posted makes some sense.  You should see an immediate change in the time it takes the logo to display if the new sigfinder is right about the task address.  And the levent_table value almost always seems to change between firmware versions.  I have no idea what the movie_status will do to you if its wrong.

Offline gbit

« Reply #336 on: 17 / July / 2011, 21:20:40 »
I've replaced the diskboot.bin on the other page with the newly compiled file based on what your sigfinder found. It is booting up quicker and fat32 compatibility has been restored. Thanks! Fortunately no one had downloaded it just yet.

Also I never got ps.fi2 working and since I got the autoboot going on my sdhc I don't really care about it to be honest.
« Last Edit: 17 / July / 2011, 21:22:39 by gbit »

« Reply #337 on: 30 / July / 2011, 13:20:02 »
Posted your source to the trunk with the three fixes noted above after testing to be sure it builds.

Also added the CAM_DETECT_SCREEN_ERASE fix so the "disappearing menus" in shooting mode should be fixed for both the 1.01C & 1.01D when the patch gets into the nightly build.

« Reply #338 on: 05 / August / 2011, 10:06:56 »
Hello,
I'm a newbie with a IXUS200 IS - I couldn't get the display firmware to work using the readme instructions so I used the exiftool to display the Firmware Revision which is 1.00 rev 3.00

Can I assume I cannot load CHDK.  The posts were some time ago so just checking if this is now possible ?

Thanks in advance

Greg

« Reply #339 on: 05 / August / 2011, 11:30:57 »
The links to the Bin file at the start of this thread is no longer available ?