Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!! - page 6 - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum

Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!

• 213 Replies
Re: Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #50 on: 13 / April / 2011, 16:35:13 »
Advertisements
I really need these features!! I have an A570IS, already with the latest version of CHDK. Can someone help me getting these on my camera? Is there a file, plugin or anything like that? I have very good knowledge of computers in general, but not specifically about CHDK. What do I need to do to be able to control ISO and aperture in my camera?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #51 on: 15 / April / 2011, 12:10:26 »
I really need these features!! I have an A570IS, already with the latest version of CHDK. Can someone help me getting these on my camera? Is there a file, plugin or anything like that? I have very good knowledge of computers in general, but not specifically about CHDK. What do I need to do to be able to control ISO and aperture in my camera?

Compile CHDK with native calls enabled and run the script from my earlier post here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5295.msg54097#msg54097

But it's not stable, meaning you should expect the camera to crash every now and then. During video record, that will probably mean losing the entire recording.

Please see the section "Completed and Working Scripts"

Video exposure control, modified to work on Digic 4 camera's
If you download the script and substitute with your memory locations it should work fine.

Hi!
I have a sx130 is. Please tell me how can I upgrade my chdk with manual video control. Unfortunatelly I'm not a big brain in programming but I would to try it. I want to reduce ccd's smear using slower shutter and an nd filter, but I have no chance using auto mode.
Thanks
Roland
« Last Edit: 04 / May / 2011, 14:10:13 by rolytng »

Offline funnel

Great. Works for SX220. I had to comment out the lines autoexp() and manualexp() because ExpCtrlTool_StartContiAE and ExpCtrlTool_StopContiAE aren't needed and caused the camera to crash. On this camera the exposure can be set manually before starting the recording and this disables the continuous AE.

Offline vit40

Any way to disable continuous AE on other cameras (like A650, A620) the same way as on SX220 ? Current implementation is not useful for me, because zooming unlocks the exposure

Offline funnel

I did some modifications on the original script. Used PT_DoAELock and PT_UnlockAE to enable and disable AE. I don't know if it will work on other cameras. Works fine on sx220.

The differences are:

Code: [Select]
--required for PT_DoAELock and PT_UnlockAE
if (call_event_proc("SS.Create") == -1) then
    error("SystemEventInit failed")
end

-- go to manual exposure mode
function manualexp()
ret=call_event_proc("PT_DoAELock")
end
function autoexp()
ret=call_event_proc("PT_UnlockAE")
end

elseif is_pressed("set") then
            print("recording")
            --click "shoot_full"
    post_levent_to_ui("PressMovieButton")

Offline philmoz

• Photos
Based on this script, I've implemented a touch screen version for the IXUS 310 HS.
(Being able to create a custom U/I opens up some interesting possibilities).

Still needs some work - the camera will crash if you change settings too quickly.

Not sure how practical this is for the IXUS 310, being such a small camera and with a 10 minute video clip limit; but it was fun to play around with.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #57 on: 12 / March / 2012, 19:07:57 »
Damn, just checked this script out on my Elph 300 HS and it works until the record button is pressed. I replaced the values from here http://trac.assembla.com/chdkde/changeset/880

Any ideas on what I should be doing differently? Should I have iso manually set in CHDK before I start the script? It seems like I have tried all combinations but the continuous AE won't lock!

« Reply #58 on: 27 / March / 2012, 23:31:53 »
Any news about exposure lock during video ?

i am really anxious on buying this camera and my retailer is going out of stock .

Can someone tell me if exposure lock for video is just a matter of time or there is the posiblity that exposure lock will be imposible for this model ?

« Reply #59 on: 28 / March / 2012, 08:20:52 »
i am really anxious on buying this camera and my retailer is going out of stock .
What camera ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16