SX50 HS porting thread - page 31 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

SX50 HS porting thread

• 350 Replies
Re: SX50 HS porting thread
« Reply #300 on: 18 / September / 2014, 09:27:02 »
Advertisements
set_av96_direct(value) done job for me. i needed 3.5, 5.0 and 8.0 apertures which i'm getting with values 350, 450 and 560 respectively
You might find this of interest : http://dougkerr.net/Pumpkin/articles/APEX.pdf
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #301 on: 27 / March / 2015, 19:01:01 »
As users are not very satisfied with the SX 60, and the SX 50 still is a good bridgecam - I wonder if the CHDK-port for the SX 50 will leave the beta stage and be stable? What is needed, so that this can be done, and what does not work for now?

« Reply #302 on: 27 / March / 2015, 19:49:30 »
I wonder if the CHDK-port for the SX 50 will leave the beta stage and be stable? What is needed, so that this can be done, and what does not work for now?
The whole concept of alpha and beta status for CHDK is pretty arbitrary.  Typically a port is tagged as "Alpha" if it loads and some functions run.   Once everything is thought to be complete and stable,  it usually gets tagged as "Beta" and released to the autobuild for user downloads.   After some arbitrary period of stability,  the original author is supposed to go back and request that the Beta status gets removed.   This almost never happens though and beta status hangs around for years.

FWIW,  the SX50hs port of CHDK is as stable as any CHDK port can be.   Use it with confidence - until someone reports a new bug there is nothing more to be done!

« Reply #303 on: 05 / April / 2015, 10:58:48 »
Good day!

Found a bug (firmware: sx50hs-100c-1.3.0-4132-full):
If the settings in the CHDK "Extra photo operations" -> "Override subj dist value" selected an option other than "Off" (ie "On" or "Inf"), and in the settings of the camera has been selected "AFL", or "Safe MF" is set to "Off.", the camera is crashing (at the time of pressing the "Shoot" button)!

P.S. I if one of the gurus will solve this problem, could he explain this in detail in the source code?

P.P.S. I do not know much English.  :(
« Last Edit: 05 / April / 2015, 12:16:38 by Malysh-ok »
Camera is SX50hs

« Reply #304 on: 05 / April / 2015, 21:53:08 »
If the settings in the CHDK "Extra photo operations" -> "Override subj dist value" selected an option other than "Off" (ie "On" or "Inf"), and in the settings of the camera has been selected "AFL", or "Safe MF" is set to "Off.", the camera is crashing (at the time of pressing the "Shoot" button)!
I'll take a look when I next get access to my SX50hs.   But to be clear,  if you don't set "AFL" via the Canon buttons,  does SD override via the CHDK menu work?  And not crash?   Also, I'm surprise about  "Safe MF" crashing if set to "Off."  I'll have to take a look at that too.

Meanwhile,  please post a ROMLOG.LOG file from the CHDK  Miscellaneous Stuff -> Debug -> Save ROM crash log menu item.

P.S. I if one of the gurus will solve this problem, could he explain this in detail in the source code?
Don't "hold your breath" for this request.    It's quite likely the answer to this will be -  "Don't set Canon AFL or  Safe MF to "Off." when using CHDK SD overrides.  You might get a summary explanation but explaining things "in detail in the source code" is not normally something the CHDK all volunteer "gurus" take time to do.

I do not know much English.  :(
The English in your post is very good.  This is an international forum and nobody is allowed to complain about the grammar or syntax in posts from translated / non-native languages !  We just work with 2nd  & 3rd & 4th languages and try to solve problems.

« Reply #305 on: 06 / April / 2015, 03:09:40 »
Ok, thank you very much.

Clarification just in case:  ...the camera is crashing (at the time of pressing the "Shoot-half" button not in Alt-mode).

At what point I should make a ROM crash log? Before pressing "Shoot-half" or after the camera is crashing (after turning on the camera again)?
« Last Edit: 06 / April / 2015, 03:11:20 by Malysh-ok »
Camera is SX50hs

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #306 on: 06 / April / 2015, 03:58:15 »
Use the rom-log function after the crash when you start the camera again. CHDK writes the rom-log data from the last crash in a file (root of the sd card -> ROMLOG.LOG) . Post this file here.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #307 on: 06 / April / 2015, 09:40:29 »
Clarification just in case:  ...the camera is crashing (at the time of pressing the "Shoot-half" button not in Alt-mode).
Rereading this thread :  Setting focus from scripts or menus it's clear that CHDK SD overrides for the SX50 have been problematic all along.   

It was originally reported to crash when using SD overrides if the camera was in Canon AFL mode but that was later fixed - at least for scripts doing SD overrides : http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11078.msg110934#msg110934

Prior to the release for CHDK 1.3.0 there was some discussion about what to do about this ( here ) but in the end,  I believe we left things with option 1 from that post.

So at this point,  the simple answer it "Don't enable Canon AFL if you want to use CHDK SD overrides on the SX50".

« Reply #308 on: 08 / April / 2015, 06:08:09 »
It is very sad  :(

I.e. to be resolved whether this problem is unknown?
This bug is characteristic only for sx50?

ROMLOG A.LOG - log camera after the crash with AFL selected.
ROMLOG B.LOG - log camera after the crash with "Safe MF" is set to "Off."
« Last Edit: 08 / April / 2015, 06:16:09 by Malysh-ok »
Camera is SX50hs

« Reply #309 on: 08 / April / 2015, 06:31:15 »
Sorry, don't know in what topic to ask, so I ask here:
What c++ module and which function is implemented display "SD: ..." and "Adj.: ..." (which is shown in red) ?
Camera is SX50hs